Marathon Training and Discussions

All you Spring marathon people stink! (Read 596 times)

Needs more cowbell!

I'm starting to get the "maybe I should register for a May marathon...I can handle 2 marathons in 1 year" insanity. Thanks a lot you jerks. Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 6 duathlons (1 Olympic distance)

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

A Saucy Wench

Oh yeah? My "official marathon training" started Monday. You know how many miles I have run this week? 0 .

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Needs more cowbell!

bwahahaha...girl, I love ya'! Is this your Boston training? Evil grin

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

A Saucy Wench

Yup....turns out the yaktrax on low snowpack really hurt my heel. We may actually be getting enough snow today for me to try them tomorrow. I ran 2 miles on Sunday with about 3-4 inches of snow over pavement and I hurt. Gym cancelled morning hours and childcare for the whole week. Which I am royally pissed about.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Needs more cowbell!

Yeah, YakTrax really require some pretty significant packed snow and ice underfoot...which we get, since plowing is done maybe 1/3 of the time (seriously...last year they had to cut into this year's budget and then this year made additional cutbacks thanks to MI's kickass economy Roll eyes ). Wait, why was I talking about training for a marathon? Oh, yeah...'cause I'm not right in the head. Yep.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Dave

What you really need is a March HM enroute to that May marathon Evil grin
              I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com
              JellyFish

OHHH I agree!!!!!

Needs more cowbell!

Aww...hell, no! No way to get 20 milers in with the crappy stuff on the ground. I've been barely managing 10-11 mile long runs with this stuff.

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

Giants Fan

C'mon Zoomy! You can do it!! IF my crazy butt is thinking about a May marathon, yours should be too!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I've been barely managing 10-11 mile long runs with this stuff.
                      If that's the case, you should have no problem doing a half on the way to a full.
                      Rose Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Needs more cowbell!

C'mon Zoomy! You can do it!! IF my crazy butt is thinking about a May marathon, yours should be too!
                        I'm thinking of a word that starts with B... Wink

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

xor

barcolounger?

Needs more cowbell!

You are so close! Big grin

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

My goal this year was to do two marathons, and then do none of that silliness in 2009. I had no sooner finished my 2nd this year (Memphis. PR Blush) when my wife suggested "Since you are already trained up, why not do another marathon in February?" So, of course, that bug in now stuck in my brain. Just when I thought I had gotten out, they pull me back in!

Needs more cowbell!

Just when I thought I had gotten out, they pull me back in!
                                Like a bunch o' friggin' drug pushers, they are! Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals: