Marathon Training and Discussions

Post long run soreness (Read 855 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

After mara I jogged back to the hotel, and went up and down stairs fine. But the next morning (this morning), first time coming down stairs I felt stiff and sore. After breakfast, went upstairs fine, and trotted down them fine. Later on at work, I've discovered that when I get up from sitting, hips and outside of thighs feel sore (didn't have that yesterday or this morning). Stairs however, are not a problem. So it seems to be kind of rotating around, hit and miss.... Or maybe some kind of weird "soreness of the hour" rotating special...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

Sitting for long periods - I am sore for normal training when I sit on my ass in my office for 2+ hours. I would say that you have made it through the marathon fairly unscathed - Although, sometimes its the 2nd day after that I am the most sore. My quads always scream for 4-5 days, and my co-workers always schedule meetings in the upstairs conference room the day(s) following my marathons - I think they think it is funny. Recover well

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

..., and my co-workers always schedule meetings in the upstairs conference room the day(s) following my marathons - I think they think it is funny....
        Non-runners -- it's just not legal to smack them around like they deserve.... Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...- Although, sometimes its the 2nd day after that I am the most sore. ...
          Yeah, today (2nd day after) I noticed it in my quads for most of my recovery run. Also, while my shoes from that day were still wet this morning, they've finally started to dry out tonight -- had left them sitting outside under cover, but it's been very humid and not sunny, so that has probably hindered the drying process.

It has an official name and acronym: DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness The foam roller is your friend. Big grin

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

DoppleBock

Yeah, today (2nd day after) I noticed it in my quads for most of my recovery run. Also, while my shoes from that day were still wet this morning, they've finally started to dry out tonight -- had left them sitting outside under cover, but it's been very humid and not sunny, so that has probably hindered the drying process.
              I always have 3 or 4 pair because they last longer if you let them fully dry out - I also have a boot dyer that I dry them out if they get sloshy.

DoppleBock

It has an official name and acronym: DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness The foam roller is your friend. Big grin
                That's the theory that I used to justify running my track workout on Tuesday and a long tempo on Wednesday - I have since decided I like Hard-Easy better. I would have 15-18 including track work out on Tue and 20-23 with long tempo on Wed - Then I would try and get my beatup legs ready for something on Saturday.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I always have 3 or 4 pair because they last longer if you let them fully dry out - I also have a boot dyer that I dry them out if they get sloshy.
                  I used three different pairs over the weekend (one for Sat morn run, one for Sat eve stuff, one for Sun morn stuff), and then the Sun morn pair sat out until last night -- now they're finally drying, but kind of mildewy Sad Never heard of a boot dryer... I may ask google what it is Smile