Marathon Training and Discussions

recovery workouts. (Read 200 times)

are just funny! Tongue First off, I can barely walk normally. I headed out this morning to do a little 2 mile recovery jog and at first my legs didn't even know what to do. FInally, I got it moving...albeit, awkwardly and slowly but yanno, it worked. On my way back down the street I just started laughing. out loud. couldn't stop. I must have been a funny sight to see! So I ran a mile, came home and rode the bike trainer I have set up by the pool, stretched a bit, then did another mile run, another 5min bike ride, some more stretching and I feel alive! ALIVE! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Big grin Stretch, then Wink S-t-r-e-t-c-h a-g-a-i-n, and then Shocked S--T--R--E--T--C--H A--G--A--I--N It's Great to be ALIVE Big grin Big grin Big grin
        yea! the more you can walk or run, the faster the recovery. Also, alternate cold water and hot water soaks (like pool then hot tub), if you can. Good for you!
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

madness baby

Good for you, Jen. That's more than I did, I believe. Oh, and you qualified for Boston and I ran a 5:10. Yeah, so you deserve to sit on your butt. I'm glad you laughed at trying to run 2 days later. Ha ha! Big grin Next time I'm in SD I' sure will have to steer clear of the fast girl running down the street. I'm so excited for you for you at Boston!!
          deb