Marathon Training and Discussions

How do they run marathons frequently (Read 1078 times)

xor

How'd it go? I was out of town otherwise I would have checked it out.
    Terrible weather. Hard, soaking rain (not seattle drizzle) all day long. Breezy. The time/temp sign at Super Jock N Jill was very depressing. Every loop around seemed to be one degree cooler. It was 40 when we started. It was 35 on my 8th loop. I couldn't feel my fingers after the 5th loop. I was supposed to do 10 loops (32 miles, so 50k plus extra). The RD had put out a special turnaround indicator 0.3 after the start so that folks could do 8 loops plus this 0.6 out-and-back and call it a marathon. Which is what I did instead of 10 loops. Many people stuck with it, though. Brr. I have a huge blister on my achilles tendon now. Eeek. Bodes poorly for running this week and the Yakima Marathon on Saturday.

Terrible weather. Hard, soaking rain (not seattle drizzle) all day long. Breezy. The time/temp sign at Super Jock N Jill was very depressing. Every loop around seemed to be one degree cooler. It was 40 when we started. It was 35 on my 8th loop. I couldn't feel my fingers after the 5th loop. I was supposed to do 10 loops (32 miles, so 50k plus extra). The RD had put out a special turnaround indicator 0.3 after the start so that folks could do 8 loops plus this 0.6 out-and-back and call it a marathon. Which is what I did instead of 10 loops. Many people stuck with it, though. Brr. I have a huge blister on my achilles tendon now. Eeek. Bodes poorly for running this week and the Yakima Marathon on Saturday.
      Yikes. That sounds miserable. Let's hope the forecast for this weekend is accurate.

~Sara
      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

Yes, the race should be nice. If I can get there. To get there, we have to go over a mountain pass. They are expecting 1-2 feet of new snow in the mountains today and tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be lighter by friday.

Oh Mighty Wing

so did you get there yet???
            so did you get there yet???
            Could be a slow trip, there is some avalanche control work scheduled this afternoon. I'm not leaving until this evening. It's kind of a pain you have to go to Selah to get your packet.

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Oh Mighty Wing

yikes - avalanche?? I can't wait to hear all about the trip and the race!!! YEAH MARATHONING!!!!!