Marathon Training and Discussions

First Marathon is (Read 361 times)

TOMORROW!!!! If all goes well after tomorrow 2 to go!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

How exciting!!! Run Strong!
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
      va

Good luck Pam!!!
          Good luck.
            Thanks again Alan, Stephen and Paul!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hope you are done by now and I hope it went well! Smile
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
              PWL

Has been

Saw the race report--nice job! My first is less than a month, on Oct 7th. I don't feel at all prepared... Tongue

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Saw the race report--nice job! My first is less than a month, on Oct 7th. I don't feel at all prepared... Tongue
                  Thanks Peter!! I'm running another one on Oct 7th as well! Which marathon are you doing?

Hope you are done by now and I hope it went well! Smile
                    Yes it did and Thanks Landy!

PWL

Has been

Thanks Peter!! I'm running another one on Oct 7th as well! Which marathon are you doing?
                      I'm doing the Maine Marathon in....you guessed it....Maine! The race is only around 20 miles from where we lived so it seemed like a good first one. I've got a 17 miler tomorrow, a 20 miler next week, then a couple weeks of taper before the race. Wish me luck! Tongue

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I'm doing the Maine Marathon in....you guessed it....Maine! The race is only around 20 miles from where we lived so it seemed like a good first one. I've got a 17 miler tomorrow, a 20 miler next week, then a couple weeks of taper before the race. Wish me luck! Tongue
                        GOOD LUCK!!!!! Can't wait to hear your race report Pete!