Marathon Training and Discussions

Gah, so antsy! (Read 445 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A 10 miler would feel really good right now...ack! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

I'm with you. But I gave in... probably ruined my taper. Nearly 50 miles already this week.... what am I thinking???!!! Gah!! Just hope the legs recover by Sunday morning. What is your race plan Kirsten? I'm planning to go out at a steady pace (not revealing what!) until 20 miles ... if I'm still feeling OK I plan to run the last 10k as my fastest.... if I'm feeling rough I plan to "not walk"!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm with you. But I gave in... probably ruined my taper. Nearly 50 miles already this week.... what am I thinking???!!! Gah!! Just hope the legs recover by Sunday morning. What is your race plan Kirsten? I'm planning to go out at a steady pace (not revealing what!) until 20 miles ... if I'm still feeling OK I plan to run the last 10k as my fastest.... if I'm feeling rough I plan to "not walk"!
        You DUMBASS! Wink Plan...I don't know...probably will only go about 45 seconds/mile faster than the pace I ran my 20s at...want to do that for at least the first 6-7 miles. Then I'll play it by ear. If I feel like picking up the pace, then I will. I don't really have any specific pace goals. I mean, yeah...I'd like to hit the time predicted by most calculators (which is like 4:20ish), but if I finish within a half hour of that I'll be happy. I just don't want to blow up the first time, so I may run more conservatively than necessary.

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

You DUMBASS! Wink
          AMEN
          I just don't want to blow up the first time, so I may run more conservatively than necessary.
          So you're opening the door for a second time. You are so busted. Hang in there. I got to run a hard 8 miler today Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Purdey

Self anointed title

I may run more conservatively than necessary.
            Best marathon plan I've heard.

Dave

Holy crap, Purdy. You ran doubles during your taper? Doubles. Like 16 friggin miles?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So you're opening the door for a second time. You are so busted.
                D'oh! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

Zoomy Hang in there girl!! It will feel so good to be running again on Sunday and then throughout the race it'll turn into it'll feel so good to sit on the couch when I'm done!!! Big grin Rest up, you'll need it! I think you are going to be dead on for 4:20.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Good luck zoom. Just stumbled upon this group--not sure how with the group search function so poor. Youll kick ass. If I can complete one (see log), you will dominate yours.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, owie...Derek... Shocked "Quality: 3/10, Effort: 7/10" You were very brave (nuts?)!

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, Im nuts. Last year I was nuttier when I did 3 in 3 + months with little training after the first. The experience this year got me into gear. Plan on kicking some ass in Vegas in December (If they actually hold the marathon). Youll do fine.

A Saucy Wench

I think I am in trouble. I think sitting on the couch seems like a mighty fine idea. No desire to run farther than my 3 this morning.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Purdey

Self anointed title

Holy crap, Purdy. You ran doubles during your taper? Doubles. Like 16 friggin miles?
                            <--------- likes="" doubles.=""></---------><--------- is also a "dumbass" is="" also="" a=""></--------- is also a "dumbass">

Purdey

Self anointed title

Met Office in UK has just issued a Severe Weather Warning.... for the area of my marathon on Sunday.... Angry

The experience this year got me into gear. Plan on kicking some ass in Vegas in December (If they actually hold the marathon).
                                If you can't run it in December, there's one outside of Vegas on January 3 by Lake Mead. (I'm running the 50 mile option.)

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)