Marathon Training and Discussions

Prep Races (Read 246 times)

Is anyone running a HM prior to the big event, or doing any other types of races to get ready? I have the Trailbreaker Half Marathon on March 31st.
    Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
      I'm running the La Jolla Half Marathon April 22...then the Rock n Roll Marathon on June 3.

Jennifer mm#1231

For my 1st M I ran a half in April (Santa Cruz), and then the full in August (San Francisco). The first half marathon was a great confidence builder. I came out of it knowing I could run the 26.2.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          No, there aren't any HM before the Chicago marathon here in NE Florida. Well, there is one the DAY before but, I don't think I'll do that one. Big grin But, I will be doing the two AFTER the marathon! Nothing but 5Ks in this heat. Dead

Dog-Love

I am doing a Juneau HM in Aug and a CA marathon in Oct.
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              I´m doing the Stafford half on sunday and Yyteri marathon on 19th may. I was thinking of doing another hm in 4 weeks but still undecided. I think it could mess my training up too much.
              Scout7

Well, I'll probably do the Philly Distance Run again in SEP. Baltimore mary, too. I'm thinking my "A" race is gonna be CIM in DEC.
                  I'm a first time marathoner planning on running Grandmas on June 16th. I would like to run a HM before, just to see if my pacing is steady, and help predict a marathon finishing goal. Like to hear what others think, but from I have read your training will allow you to finish - but if your aiming for a finishing time, then a HM prep would be beneficial. Do you have a time in mind?

2018 Goals:

Get Lucky Half  1:47:59

Grandmas Marathon

Fall Marathon - Twin Cities??