Marathon Training and Discussions

Gastrointestinal issues with/after long run (Read 454 times)

Go Pre!

Oh, Dave...that looks like a beautiful race. Sounds like a recipe for a fantastic run! Big grin My very favorite race course (a HM) is a paved path that goes all the way around a lake that we used to live near...same community where did works and the didlet goes to school. The entire course is visible from the street, but the path is safe, so it's more-or-less a closed course (runners just need to watch at side-street intersections). Much of the course in the shade, views of the lake, small race. I am really bummed that it won't fit into my marathon training this year. I think it is only 2-3 weeks before the big race...a little too close for comfort.
    3 weeks out, you can run it, but don't race it. I do my longest run 3 weeks out, so you could warm up with 10-12K, then run the half at an easy pace to start and thrown in a few at MP for the finish....just thinkin' out loud here Smile
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3 weeks out, you can run it, but don't race it. I do my longest run 3 weeks out, so you could warm up with 10-12K, then run the half at an easy pace to start and thrown in a few at MP for the finish....just thinkin' out loud here Smile
      Nah...I have a feeling I'd still overdo it. I'd want to beat my PR from last year. Better to do a long run without paying a race entry fee. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Nah...I have a feeling I'd still overdo it. I'd want to beat my PR from last year. Better to do a long run without paying a race entry fee. Smile
        Do they have pace bunnies there? sign up for that. freew race, free shirt and you're forced to run at a certain pace. Just sayin'
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do they have pace bunnies there? sign up for that. freew race, free shirt and you're forced to run at a certain pace. Just sayin'
          Oh, no...it's a tiny race. I think the HM had maybe a hundred or so runners last year. But that pace bunny idea is cool. I should think about that someday for a bigger race. I have a friend who did that last year for the big 25k here...and then she f'd up her patella mid-race and had to bail.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay