Marathon Training and Discussions

Good Grief Peeps. Did You all die? (Read 1040 times)

Hawt and sexy

What's going on?  Fall marathon season is quickly approaching and we have nothing going on here.  Races?  Goals?  Come on!

I am doing Steamtown in Oct. where I need to BQ again. 

Am I the only one racing this season?  What gives?

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

I am running Lehigh Valley in three weeks.

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Grand Rapids in just under 2 months.  I'm tired, but had my most fabulous long run in ages (ever?) on Sat.  I felt like I'd lost my Mojo for a couple of weeks, so that was a very welcome run. Smile  3 20 milers and some shorter races (5k, HM) left to go this Fall.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

yup.  I died

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jpnairn

straw man

With any luck, I'll run my 50th lifetime marathon as part of Ironman Arizona, November 22nd, 2009.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

On On

Looking at Harrisburg.  The latest in the fall season that is still drivable.  Philly would be in that same category but is bigger than I wanted (over 5000 runners).  Hope to get a BQ time as well.
              DoppleBock

Been busy eating lots and drinking lots and not running much

Now that I am good and wiggly and giggly after 8 weeks off and 40# heavier, I am ready to train again - In week #4 of come back -

Only thing to report - Still wiggly and giggly.  Very slow.  Very tired.  But I did challenge a few folks to racing for beer at Monkey Marathon 11/22, so I am trying to get back into shape.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Rumors of my death have been pre-mature but with more long runs on weekends I can't really know for certain that my wife won't end up putting my pic on a milk carton. I've a couple of races planned highlighted with Monkey in Nov.

Lets see if Taters BQ strategery works at Lehigh as I'm stalking using the same idea for my shot in Nov.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Lets see if Taters BQ strategery works at Lehigh as I'm stalking using the same idea for my shot in Nov.

You're following what I do?  Heh.  Good luck with that.

Not at it at all. 

Hawt and sexy

Lehigh is a half.   I see no one is willing to come up my way and run a half against me.  D &H Distance run is up here next month, that's my half this time around.  I have done the Harrisburg half, but the local one is cheaper.

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

Lehigh is a half.   I see no one is willing to come up my way and run a half against me.  D &H Distance run is up here next month, that's my half this time around.  I have done the Harrisburg half, but the local one is cheaper.

Lehigh is a full and a half.  This is not the Lehigh half that goes on in April.  Clicky

Last I heard your buddy Rocken is running the half.  I'd tell you to come down and race her but I  believe that registration is closed.

Not at it at all. 

jdmcgregor

All business

I'm hoping to run Seattle in November.  I took a little down time due to some aches, and now am just trying to get my miles back up.  Also I've been working a lot, which has kept me off the forums.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm doing two in about 4wks and 6wks. First one is a tri relay leg, and I can't decide whether to go for it (and risk blowing up, which seems like a worse idea when I'm on a team than any other time), or go conservatively -- but I hear the course is fast, so I'm tempted to attempt to go fast. Second is w/ DW, so should be fun.

Of course I've not gotten around to any 20mi runs -- don't people sometimes say those are a good idea? Wonder if I should get one of those in soon, or wait about 3wks to do one? Heh. Heck, if I wait 3wks, I may as well wait 4wks...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Go Pre!

I semi died. Busy at work and not so 'into' web forums these days.

5  marathons coming up ...

Sept 27 - Scotiabank Waterfront - Toronto, Canada - 3:50 Pacer

*Oct 18 - Goodlife Toronto - Toronto, Canada - Goal race

*October 25 - Niagara Falls Intl Marathon - Recovery

*Nov 1 - Road2Hope - Hamilton, Canada - for shits and giggles

Dec 5 - Reggae Marathon, Negril, Jamaica

*  will be my first "back to back to back" weekend marathons

C-R

I semi died. Busy at work and not so 'into' web forums these days.

5  marathons coming up ...

Sept 27 - Scotiabank Waterfront - Toronto, Canada - 3:50 Pacer

*Oct 18 - Goodlife Toronto - Toronto, Canada - Goal race

*October 25 - Niagara Falls Intl Marathon - Recovery

*Nov 1 - Road2Hope - Hamilton, Canada - for shits and giggles

Dec 5 - Reggae Marathon, Negril, Jamaica

*  will be my first "back to back to back" weekend marathons

Damn Daddyo! I was just creeping up on you in miles and I can see you'll be hitting the after burners real soon.

On a serious note, how is the Niagara falls run? My grandmother and lots of family members live outside of Rchester and I thought about coupling this with a family vacation.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/