Marathon Training and Discussions

Hey Marcus_g (Read 281 times)

A Saucy Wench

Where in Lancaster? I grew up there. I didnt even know there WAS a Harrisburg marathon. What is it like? Maybe that will be an excuse for me to go home to visit some year. Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ennay, I live in East Hempfield - within a mile of Park City... one of the many areas that was a farmer's field until the builders came in 10 years ago. The Harrisburg Marathon is SMALL -- only about 600 runners, though that's one of the reasons I like it. I literally park 50 yards from the start/finish, which is on City Island... You start the race and run along the river downtown... turn around... back up and across the river to city island (again), back across... go UPtown for a bunch of miles and turn around and come back to City Island for the finish. Pluses: Very very flat, except a tiny stretch Lots of running along on the river. Minuses: A lot of running on concrete. Giveaways aren't super cool, since it's a small race. Early Nov. start, so if the weather's turned..... But while I'm trying to get to Boston, I LOVE the easy logistics of it... no bus rides, shuttles, etc... just me and 26 relatively flat miles. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

A Saucy Wench

Hah, so you live in what I remember as all fields. I was over near Millersville. 600 sounds good. But harrisburg isnt exactly a "destination race" Big grin I dont have family there anymore, just some friends and a hankering for good stromboli

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Nope - definitely NOT a destination race... You could do Steamtown or Philly, though... both of those are awesome (from what I've read)... and close enough for you to see where all the fields used to be!

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.