Marathon Training and Discussions

Baystate Marathon (Read 487 times)

epine

I'm new to this site, recommended by a friend. Ran Boston with team in training in 2010. First marathon. To say it was a challenge is an understatement. I've done well in 1/2 marathons and all shorter races and want to try the bay state this year. The only thing missing is a training partner for long runs! I'm looking for a girl like me, goal time between 4:15 and 4:30, in the reading, Ma area. Let me know if you are interested.

Boston 2010 was my first marathon as well. I ran for Tedy's Team. Ran Bay State in October. Might even go for it again this Fall. If you'd like some company for marathon training or to simply run, you can hook up with a local running club. I run with the Shamrock running club in Woburn (when I'm not injured). We have group runs Thursday nights (followed by pizza, beer and very witty banter)  as well as long runs on Saturday mornings. Coached track workouts Tuesday nights. Best $25 you'll ever spend. Several RAers are members. Great group of peeps of all abilities. If you want more info, check out their web site or shoot me a PM. 

I also ran my first marathon with Team in Training last year, and I'll be running Baystate this October. I'm hoping to beat 4 hrs, but I'm a dude and all the way in Illinois, so not ideal for your training partner. Good luck finding one, and good luck with your training!