Marathon Training and Discussions

Saw the devil dog today. (Read 222 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Big grin No, she's right here asleep. Must have been her evil twin!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Big grin No, she's right here asleep. Must have been her evil twin!
      I like her better in the photographs, not trying to jump the privacy fence during my runs. Pretty scary when a dog head pops over a 6 foot fence.

Oh Mighty Wing

I like her better in the photographs, not trying to jump the privacy fence during my runs. Pretty scary when a dog head pops over a 6 foot fence.
        shoot it would of been a whole lot scarier if the front paws cleared the fence...
          I actually saw quite a bit of dog body with the head.

Oh Mighty Wing

I actually saw quite a bit of dog body with the head.
            well then in that case you are right - not so happy!

Future running partner.

Speaking of.... I was about a mile into a 5 miler this morning. Just as I was passing 2 parallel parked cars, a brindle pitbull jumped out. Whats even crazier is this dog had foam on its mouth and had a very thick, 8ft chain hanging off its neck with a broken link on the end of it! Shocked Thank God it wasn't aggressive. It just trotted up to me and wanted to play by jumping up on me. I had to stop running or else it would just keep jumping me Angry. It followed me almost all the way back home until some couple walked by then she proceeded to follow them.
                Speaking of.... I was about a mile into a 5 miler this morning. Just as I was passing 2 parallel parked cars, a brindle pitbull jumped out. Whats even crazier is this dog had foam on its mouth and had a very thick, 8ft chain hanging off its neck with a broken link on the end of it! Shocked Thank God it wasn't aggressive. It just trotted up to me and wanted to play by jumping up on me. I had to stop running or else it would just keep jumping me Angry. It followed me almost all the way back home until some couple walked by then she proceeded to follow them.
                Our neighborhood only has one pitbull that I've seen, and I'm pretty sure he's an indoor dog--owned by a late middle-aged man. That includes most of my potential routes for 23 miles of running. Only other problem dog is an outdoor german shepherd on a semi-rural road that will run up and act aggressive if I try to run by.