Marathon Training and Discussions

What do all you long distance runners do for chafing of the inner thighs? (Read 969 times)

I'm not a big guy but also chafe after 4 or 5 miles. I use Body Glide now and you can buy it @ Olympia and it does not stain your clothes.
    ShuffleFaster

I really like a product called "Blue Steel".   Doesn't stain clothing like Body Glide and lasts and lasts (a little goes a long way).  Smells good too! Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Steel-Sports-Anti-Chafe-Cream/dp/B001JK6N3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353974164&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+steel+chafing

I do use Body Glide on my feet before races.

I use Aquaphor.  Essentially like Vasoline, but I like the little squirt tubes it comes in.

For nipples, I have a box of little round band aids.  My wife likes to make fun of me when I forget to take them off. Smile

Mostly Harmless

For really long runs I use nu-skin on my nipples and that never fails. Body glide down south and between my toes. 

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Body Glide.

Strict WTF adherent

Diaper cream

Coastal

2 in 1 compression shorts.  They look like regular shorts but have compression shorts underneath.  Much better than the usual liners.  Body glide for whatever the compression shorts can't fix.

vegefrog

I just use the cheapest solid stick of deodorant I can find. I put it wherever I might chafe, which is usually on my back where the top of my tights or shorts hits and underneath my sports bra.

It works great and it's a lot cheaper then name brand Body Glide or Anti Chafe products Smile