Marathon Training and Discussions

Welcome! (Read 1765 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Just found this group.  Heh.

Hi

Doing my 3rd marathon in about 3 weeks - 2nd this year.  After completing Rotorua (NZ) in 2009 and 2010, decided a flat course may be in order, so doing Melbourne (AUS) and having a family holiday at the same time.  On the one hand it would be nice if it was the perfect temperature for running a marathon, on the other would be good if it was hot and sunny for the holiday......Confused

After training through winter, looking froward to race day and the post-marathon high.  Not looking forward to the final 8km, and that what-if feeling in the weeks after.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Run the race God set B4U

Hello everyone  Smile   New to this group, but not RA.  I am training for my first Marathon....It will be March 6.   I am using the training schedule they posted on the Little Rock Marathon website.  We are into week 2, I will be both running/walking, we are thinking about doing a 3 mile run/1 mile walk the whole way.   What does everyone think about that??????  I will have to incorporate some walking, although someday I'd like to think I was able to run the whole way  Smile

5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
        stirun

Hi all, I´m new to RA and to this group

Mostly harmless

Hi!  I'm new to RA and just found this group.  I've run one marathon and I'm currently training for my second, the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach on March 17th.  I hope to hit up all of you more experienced runners for tips and advice.

Thanks!

Scott

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

bkrunstoo

Thanks for setting this group up.  I'll be running my 2nd marathon in mid February (IMS Arizona Marathon) and looking for a big improvement over my first.

Sjpcollins

Ive just found this marathon group and i will looking around for any tips and advice as i set off to do my 4th Marathon in Dublin (October 2013) i am hoping to get a PB of sub 3:48, but some people think i should be able to aim for 3:30.

You can follow, how i get on via my blog at  :

sjpc14.wordpress.com/ 

Thanks in advance for anyone ideas i take on-board , i am currently following the "Up to 55 Miles Per 100" training program in the Advanced Marathoning book, 3rd addition (I think).

SJPC14