Marathon Training and Discussions

Yonkers (Read 587 times)

Folks,

I just cannot find a Fall marathon within an hour of my house, except this one.  But hmmmm, seems kinda rough for a guy who wants to go for 4:05 to 3:20-something. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

A Saucy Wench

I think if you are looking to go from 4:05 to 3:20 you arent going to find it in a race. 

So travel already!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Prince of Fatness

I think if you are looking to go from 4:05 to 3:20 you arent going to find it in a race. 

So travel already!

Heh.

Nader, I ran this last year.  Point to point from Allentown PA to Easton PA.  It was a no brainer for me since I live about 5 minutes from the finish.  The pros are that it is flat and fast.  The cons are that is in mid September so it might be too warm, plus it runs a lot on canal towpaths (dirt and cinder).  But it is fairly shaded.  Just another option.  I may run the half this year.

I also responded in your other thread about Steamtown.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks, guys.

PH, you're actually a pretty good guy.  Two unique response instead of "dude, why are you posting in two places?"

Ennay, my wife recently had a very-mini-meltdown about my running and time it is taking.  After a calm, sober exchange, she admitted that she just gets annoyed when I sign onto "running with friends" when I'm at home.  So, maybe she will be o.k. with a destination race. 

Prince of Fatness

PH, you're actually a pretty good guy.  

Shhh.  Dumbass.   Don't let that get out.

Not at it at all. 

Heh.

Hawt and sexy

Where is the Steamtown thread? I like live here, right on the course, and can answer just about any questions you have on the thing.

I'm touching your pants.

This was the other thread, Willa.  Thank you.

mta: Thanks Ennay.  For heaven's sake.

A Saucy Wench

This was the other thread, Willa.  Thank you.

THAT is the beta link Nader

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

THAT is the beta link Nader

fixed. 

Hawt and sexy

Well, given what is there, I would do Wineglass if I were you, but I like flatter courses.  Yonkers is just kinda brutal. Doesn't north Jersey have a fall marathon?  I swear I knew of one there. Don't make me start looking. Asbury Park maybe?

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

There is Via which runs from Allentown to Easton.  It is very flat (mostly canal towpaths).  I did it last year because the finish is about 5 minutes from home and I run those towpaths all of the time.  The main problem is that it is mid September so it can be warm (it was last year at the start).  Plus a lot of it is dirt and cinder paths.

Don't know of any fall marathons in NJ.  I guess Philly is an option.

Honestly didn't have a problem with Steamtown and would do it again, but I wanted something different and heard good things about Wineglass, and it's not that much further (it's an overnight for me either way).

Not at it at all. 

Hawt and sexy

What is Via?

I'm touching your pants.

Prince of Fatness

What is Via?

This one.

MTA:  And crap I already posted about it in this thread.  I'm losing it.

Not at it at all. 

Hawt and sexy

Ok, that's the one I always have to skip because of half marathons that I do. Both Harrisburg and D&H halfs are on the same weekend.

Oh, Harrisburg has a marathon in November.  And I am 90% sure Asbury Park has a marathon relay in October that can be done as a lone ranger.

Does flourcity have any trail marathons in the fall? I gotta get to one of his races sometime.

I'm touching your pants.