Marathon Training and Discussions

All you Spring marathon people stink! (Read 597 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm starting to get the "maybe I should register for a May marathon...I can handle 2 marathons in 1 year" insanity. Thanks a lot you jerks. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Oh yeah? My "official marathon training" started Monday. You know how many miles I have run this week? 0 .

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

bwahahaha...girl, I love ya'! Is this your Boston training? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Yup....turns out the yaktrax on low snowpack really hurt my heel. We may actually be getting enough snow today for me to try them tomorrow. I ran 2 miles on Sunday with about 3-4 inches of snow over pavement and I hurt. Gym cancelled morning hours and childcare for the whole week. Which I am royally pissed about.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, YakTrax really require some pretty significant packed snow and ice underfoot...which we get, since plowing is done maybe 1/3 of the time (seriously...last year they had to cut into this year's budget and then this year made additional cutbacks thanks to MI's kickass economy Roll eyes ). Wait, why was I talking about training for a marathon? Oh, yeah...'cause I'm not right in the head. Yep.

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

What you really need is a March HM enroute to that May marathon Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

OHHH I agree!!!!!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww...hell, no! No way to get 20 milers in with the crappy stuff on the ground. I've been barely managing 10-11 mile long runs with this stuff.

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

C'mon Zoomy! You can do it!! IF my crazy butt is thinking about a May marathon, yours should be too!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Roses Revenge

I've been barely managing 10-11 mile long runs with this stuff.
                      If that's the case, you should have no problem doing a half on the way to a full.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

C'mon Zoomy! You can do it!! IF my crazy butt is thinking about a May marathon, yours should be too!
                        I'm thinking of a word that starts with B... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

xor

barcolounger?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are so close! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

My goal this year was to do two marathons, and then do none of that silliness in 2009. I had no sooner finished my 2nd this year (Memphis. PR Blush) when my wife suggested "Since you are already trained up, why not do another marathon in February?" So, of course, that bug in now stuck in my brain. Just when I thought I had gotten out, they pull me back in!
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just when I thought I had gotten out, they pull me back in!
                                Like a bunch o' friggin' drug pushers, they are! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay