Marathon Training and Discussions

How do you know you are ready? (Read 456 times)

Giants Fan

to train for #2?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Oh Mighty Wing

to train for #2?
      as soon as you have the desire??? I was ready at mile 20 of the first one - I literally started plotting when I wanted it to be and what I was going to do to build mileage... I took 3 days to take it easy and then got back to it. MTA: I am probably not the one to listen to though!
      Roses Revenge

I was planning my second one months before I did the first one. I didn't want to be one of those people who did a marathon to mark it off their life list like so many people I talked to when I was thinking about walking the Portland Marathon in 2006. Most of whom looked like they should go out and get some exercise.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Giants Fan

I think the weather is making me hesitate. I have to say as much as I complain about humidity...it is better than negative wind chill and snow/ice. I am hoping to do one the first weekend in May...just wondering if I'll have the time to train with work. I don't want to be a person who only does one either.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Oh Mighty Wing

I think the weather is making me hesitate. I have to say as much as I complain about humidity...it is better than negative wind chill and snow/ice. I am hoping to do one the first weekend in May...just wondering if I'll have the time to train with work. I don't want to be a person who only does one either.
            sounds like you need to get it on the calendar! You know that once it's there calling your name you will do what you need to do!

Prince of Fatness

Well, whether I am ready or not, I plan on running marathon #2 in 2009. But my plan is to have a few 45+ mile weeks under my belt before even going into any training program.

Not at it at all. 

Dave

Spring marathons or at least halfs are a great way to force yourself to train through the winter. I can say from experience that its a whole lot easier to stay in running shape than to get back once you've taken the winter off. Maybe you're not ready for another marathon. Sign up for a half that has both a full and a half marathon. I'd be willing to bet that when you pull off at 13 miles and half the crowd keeps going, you'll want to sign up for another marathon.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com