Marathon Training and Discussions

How quiet is this forum?!?!?! (Read 289 times)

Go Pre!

Seriously, is there no one running marathons this fall? Smile
    jdmcgregor

All business

Chicago next week!

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

2nd one is next weekend!!! Just a little under the weather while tapering Sad

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hello there, I´m running my 3rd marathon this year, in 9 weeks time. Treating my wife to a weeks holiday in Lanzarote, while we´re there, i´ll be running the marathon. It´ll be nice to get away from the Finnish autumn/winter. So hows everyones training going? Will there be a few PR´s broken in the next few weeks?
          PWL

Has been

One week from today will be my first!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Go Pre!

Ran a Half M race today.., felt like mud but then again I ran 33K last weekend and did Speed Intervals on Wednesday, and ran Friday. I rested yesterday if you can call it that. I was hoping for a sub 1:40 but after 10K I felt the fatigue and finished at 1:42:21 beating my HM PR by over a minute. Which during this period of Marathon training I should be happy with. 3 weeks to Columbus!
                Run for the Toad (25k trail race) yesterday. Columbus Marathon in 21 days. Bring it...
                  Good luck to all those racing in the next few weeks! I am doing a winter marathon (Miami in January) and just finished week 1 of my 18 week training plan - 17 more to go! Smile
                    Only 12 days until my first marathon. Then we'll see how I feel about one or two more this year.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Chickamauga, GA on Nov 10th will be my first marathon. I just ran a 10K to help me get a better idea of a good goal pace for the marathon. May run one more in 3 weeks - a 15k, at marathon pace. Then one last long run, and then a 3 week taper!!!