Marathon Training and Discussions

What happened to Pron8r? where is he? (Read 240 times)

He's been gone for months. does anyone know him IRL?

Jennifer mm#1231

Jeffrey

The last post of his that I read ... I think he mentions a knee injury. I hope he gets it sorted out.
        Wow. Shocked Someone missed me. Big grin At any rate, I ended up injuring both of my knees. Lots of crunching noises going on, especially going up and down stairs. MRI and X-ray couldn't really pinpoint anything, other than a bruise on the inside of my knee. It has taken me a while to get back to regular running. Knees are at about 90% now, and get a little better every day. It was pretty discouraging, and since I was only run/walking about one day a week for a while, it was too depressing to log on with nothing to report. I actually ran 16 miles Saturday (longest run in 7-8 months). Managed to average a 7:44 pace, which is a vast improvement over the 9:30 pace I was running (using the term loosely) in January. And, my long runs in January were in the neighborhood of 3 miles. But, I'm happy to report that I've got 3-4 marathons coming up over the summer, and I believe I'm at a point I can actually train for them. In fact, I've already got my hotel reservations made for Boston '09.
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Go Pre!

Wow. Shocked Someone missed me. Big grin At any rate, I ended up injuring both of my knees. Lots of crunching noises going on, especially going up and down stairs. MRI and X-ray couldn't really pinpoint anything, other than a bruise on the inside of my knee. It has taken me a while to get back to regular running. Knees are at about 90% now, and get a little better every day. It was pretty discouraging, and since I was only run/walking about one day a week for a while, it was too depressing to log on with nothing to report. I actually ran 16 miles Saturday (longest run in 7-8 months). Managed to average a 7:44 pace, which is a vast improvement over the 9:30 pace I was running (using the term loosely) in January. And, my long runs in January were in the neighborhood of 3 miles. But, I'm happy to report that I've got 3-4 marathons coming up over the summer, and I believe I'm at a point I can actually train for them. In fact, I've already got my hotel reservations made for Boston '09.
          You're not logging you mileage Don? That's what realy made me think you were gone. Good to hear your optimism. I may just have to book Boston lodging 'just in case' Wink D