Marathon Training and Discussions

What will you carry? (Read 560 times)

1st M: camelback with Ultima in it 2nd M: Camelbak with Ultima, fruit roll-ups 3rd: M: Fuel Belt with flasks filled with water, salt tablets 4th M: fanny pack with 8oz gel flask, salt tablets and Muscle Energy I never carry a hand bottle on the races, only in training, because I've found I runner slower with it. I always were a visor or hat, a watch or a Garmin, and Road ID around my ankle.
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      1st M: camelback with Ultima in it 2nd M: Camelbak with Ultima, fruit roll-ups 3rd: M: Fuel Belt with flasks filled with water, salt tablets 4th M: fanny pack with 8oz gel flask, salt tablets and Muscle Energy I never carry a hand bottle on the races, only in training, because I've found I runner slower with it. I always were a visor or hat, a watch or a Garmin, and Road ID around my ankle.
      See I wore my camel back for first and second marathon, but had MAJOR problems with chaffing. Also I spent so much time tighting the straps that I found it really really slowed me down. This will be my first marathon carring a bottle. If it slows me down it's in the trash, simple as that!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson