Marathon Training and Discussions

Are you being discouraged (Read 441 times)

I actually had a Nuclear Stress Test in 2006 and was diagnosed with having an Athlete's heart. I also get my blood lipids checked anually. I am definetly MORE healthy from running than I am if I didn't and dh knows that! So right that your taking many chances daily when leaving the house!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

db7

Dad Good luck getting back in the groove. By all means, keep up with the check ups. For men especially, genetics plays a huge part in cardiac health. If your father/grandfather had heart trouble you are at higher risk. We have access to better screening and testing now more than ever. With that and all the info we have at our finger tips, there really is no good excuse not to be proactive in your own health care. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Genetics play just as big of a part in womens health when it comes to HD! Believe me.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Luckily I married into a family of SERIOUS runners...FIL once ran Chicago, my MIL's (who runs probably 10-15 miles/week and bikes a lot, too) sister ran lots of marathons in her younger days (now 25ks are her limit, but she helps organize a popular ultra trail race in MI), her hubby has run Western States at least once...so no flack from that side. And my family thinks it's great, too. I'm the first "runner" in the family. My brother runs maybe 10-15 miles/week, but he also wants to someday do a marathon...maybe in a couple of years. He is finishing grad school at the moment and working full-time, so no time for marathon training.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay