Marathon Training and Discussions

Who's Marathoning Next Year?? (Read 815 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'll buy DW an Irish coffee too.
    That's a deal! In my SF Marathon report, did I mention the smell of sourdough baking while running past the Boudin bakery at mile 2? That's still one of my fondest memories of that race, in fact of all my marathons. Then again, we encountered a dead skunk soon after. Still... Trey, every time I see your avatar photo it just cracks me up. What's your dog's name, and what is he, a Weimaraner?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

...---...

That's a deal! In my SF Marathon report, did I mention the smell of sourdough baking while running past the Boudin bakery at mile 2? That's still one of my fondest memories of that race, in fact of all my marathons. Then again, we encountered a dead skunk soon after. Still... Trey, every time I see your avatar photo it just cracks me up. What's your dog's name, and what is he, a Weimaraner?
      Hobbes is a yellow lab mix we rescued a few years ago. He lives for treats, does other animal impressions in his quest to be an actor. In my updated avatar, Hobbes perfectly executes the role of The Elephant Man. Boudin bakery...Mmmm! Breakfast Pizza and Pete's coffee. Maybe I'll stop off at mile 2 and grab a little bite...I mean, I don't have a time goal so why not.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

bridgerunner

laced up!

For 2008, I am running the DisneyWorld Marathon in January and I would like to run the October LaSalle Marathon in Chicago. Of course, the latter depends on flight and hotel costs. I hear the prices can be brutal Tongue!
          I'm aiming for Chicago next year. If I don't get in, I'm looking at doing the San Antonio RNR in November. I have one HM planned for April and a 10k for May. I'll probably do a 5k in July. Since I'm focusing on distance and LHR training, I don't have anything planned until April. After that, it depends on how things go. Edited to say: Chicago THIS YEAR (2008)
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

...---...

I'm aiming for Chicago next year. If I don't get in, I'm looking at doing the San Antonio RNR in November.
            The San Antonio RNR marathon looks cool. Depending on how things go with me in August, I've thought about this one as well. Good luck with one, the other, or both.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Registered for ING Atlanta on March 30, 2008. I will run at least one more in the Autumn; Rhode Island Breakers if nothing else as RI is the closest state that I haven't run one in yet. Ideally, I'd like to do another ultramarathon next year too, but not sure what yet. I'll have a better idea in mid/late December.
              Well, it turns out that I am running a marathon in Rhode Island after all, but it isn't the Breakers marathon! I'll be following up ING on 3/30 with the Cox RI marathon in Providence on May 04. So I will have to look around to decide what I want to run in the Autumn.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Martian Marathon Detroit April San Antonio Rock n Roll Inaugural November Will also do the Indy Mini Marathon in May and tempted to try the Hana Relay in September. Need to increase my beer training first, though.
                Crazy Tom - I grew up in that area and visit a lot - plan to peek at your routes since i'm getting tired of franklin road, lahser road etc! lisak
                Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                  It's a deal. Funny, after writing that brief race report I was just saying to DW how we should do it again this year, because we liked it so much. We'll see.
                  The BUENA VISTA is the one place I tell everyone they HAVE to go!! Big grin
                    Cincinnati Flying Pig - May 4 Anyone else? Wingz?

...---...

The BUENA VISTA is the one place I tell everyone they HAVE to go!! Big grin
                      Well, come on lisak - I'll buy you a coffee too and then you can recruit mefor/place me in a job out in the bay area Big grin

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Well, come on lisak - I'll buy you a coffee too and then you can recruit mefor/place me in a job out in the bay area Big grin
                        deal!

...---...

Okay then...let's see. Irish Coffees at Buena Vista, $7 bucks a pop, times 4, plus another round...no problem. Just a thought here but maybe we should have one BEFORE the race and then one after...I usually go to Anchor Steam on draft after an Irish Coffee there...sooooo, if you guys stick around it'll be a party. Wink Perfesser really has me excited up about this race. I'll be in the bay area end of this month on business. Think I'll try to run over the bridge and back and then hit the Buena Vista...as a dry run for August...practice makes perfect. Anyone have a recommendation on where to start the run for the GGB? I could probably find parking some where around the Palace of Fine Art...how's that?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Imminent Catastrophe

Mmmmmmm...Anchor Steam. Now you're talking. That would be a good place to park. If you want a long run you could park at the Ferry Terminal and run the first 8 miles or so of the race, both ways. Water and restrooms are available at the visitor centers at both ends of the bridge. If you're there on the weekend, you get a better workout dodging all the tourists on the bridge! That run across the bridge is one of the best ever, enjoy!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Katie H

Chicago winter running

I'm considering running the SF marathon too! I'll be moving out there in May or June so it might be good timing. Running the Gasparilla Marathon in Tampa, FL on Feb 10th- anyone else? I think its small but its my hometown so I thought I'd get a bunch of people out to cheer Smile Then the 50 K in Chicago in April - or Boston if I qualify in Feb.- we'll see... I'd like to qualify for Boston again (and do it this time) but honestly, I won't mind that much if I don't since a friend is getting married that weekend. I missed another friend's wedding b/c she got married on the Chicago 2007 marathon date- what the heck! Also hoping to volunteer at the Western States 100 in June (to get an idea of the torture- I have it sort of in mind to do before I turn 40. 12 years and a lot of reality checks to go!). Wink Just throwing all this out in case anyone else is doing any of it/ has some thoughts.
                              We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.

...---...

I'm considering running the SF marathon too! I'll be moving out there in May or June so it might be good timing.
                                Perfect timing, actually. Then we'll see you at the Buena Vista as well?

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Chicago - 10/7/12