Marathon Training and Discussions

Okay, now that I've run the thing..... (Read 415 times)

Top 'O the World!

where do I find a reasonable "recovery" training program? Or do I just go back to "running by feel" until I decide on my next one?
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think two options are (#1) Cheese doodles, potato chips, beer, TV, and fergit that running junk. (#2) Go into some high intensity speedwork, alternated with some long fast-finish runs. This probably leads, in the fairly short term, after some annoying medical bills, to option #1 above. But, there must be some other better plans Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Roses Revenge

I dunno. After my first one, I picked another one about six months later and just started my training plan over again.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Future running partner.

I've been pondering this for a little while myself. I've already decided that by March I want to be peaking for either another Marathon or some fast 10k's or 5k's. There are some articles on Pfitz's site that sort of lay out how to recover and when to start training. http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreport.shtml I think its a personal thing. If you find your self really motivated and don't want to stop training, you kind of have to hold yourself back a bit. If you've been training hard for a long time for this race, a little extra break may be needed. I myself am the former. I plan on taking about 5 or 6 weeks to get back up to my regular weekly training mileage. This week I plan on taking as many days off as I need until I am not sore anymore. Next week I'll probably do about half of my normal mileage the slowly work my way back up from there.

Giants Fan

I just ran what I felt like for two weeks but made sure I kept the pace nice and easy. Don't push it...your body does need some recovery time.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm having trouble holding back too.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Top 'O the World!

Thanks Wannabefast! ....reading now..... Wink napping w/cheese doodles later....
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group