Marathon Training and Discussions

Ran 18 miles to prep for June 3rd Marathon this past weekend. (Read 188 times)

My two friends and I ran our 18 mile run this past weekend. It was a struggle but all three of us made it. We each took 2 gels and had 4 spots to get a drink during different points in the run. When we were finished our bodies were screaming at us for the rest of the day. I feel like this long distance running is torcher on the body. By the end we were dying, but as I said we made it. We will run a 21 miler and that will be our last long run before the marathon. I cant believe we have actually run 18 Miles! It seems so amazing. Only 8 more miles to finish the marathon. Can we make it? I know we can, but it makes me nervous thinking about it. At the end of all these long runs you feel like you couldnt hardly take another step.

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

Along for the Ride

Good job Twtiger! Keep up the good work! Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Go Pre!

I am bewildered that you are able to accomplish that long run with so little running during the week! way to go !?!
          Yeah Im trying to get my running back up. My shin is hurting pretty good so I try to give it a break and not run two days in a row last couple weeks. Before that, I was just in a rut being lazy. Trust me though, it was a painful thing that run.

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

I cant believe we have actually run 18 Miles! It seems so amazing.
            I know! It is amazing, and just wait until someone says "I can't believe you ran (insert long distance here) miles!" and you think to yourself "It's really not that far!" This is how I now feel about 10, even 13 miles. You get used to it, and your bodyl recovers faster, the more you do. Just remember to ENJOY the running! We're only here once!
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado