Marathon Maniacs

Welcome to the Marathon Maniacs group! (Read 1111 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Since there are quite a few Maniacs in RA now I thought it might be good to form a group. It's not intended to replace the official Maniac Board. The first question is: Should this forum be private for Maniac members, or public restricted where nonmembers can read but not post, or public? I'm leaning toward unless you're a member. For now it's public. What do you think? Maniac 191

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

#347 here! Open for now, but let's keep thinking about it.
        *waves hi* #734 here

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

Curious - what's the difference between this and the Marathon Madness Mob?

Roads were made for journeys...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, this is different. Marathon Maniacs are members of a national club called the Marathon Maniacs. Membership in the club requires that you run lots of marathons close together. Check it out: http://marathonmaniacs.com/ and: http://marathonmaniacs.com/criteria.html Big grin (is there an echo in here?)

run-easy-race-hard

I'll check in!
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What #s are y'all?
                evanflein

Hey, I think this is a great idea! Thanks, PerfesserR! I'm #685, the only registered maniac in Alaska! Just did the Christmas Marathon in Olympia, next up is Carlsbad in CA to give me 6 in 6 months (yeah, silver level, finally!)
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

No, this is different. Marathon Maniacs are members of a national club called the Marathon Maniacs. Membership in the club requires that you run lots of marathons close together. Check it out: http://marathonmaniacs.com/ and: http://marathonmaniacs.com/criteria.html Big grin (is there an echo in here?)
                    Thanks, Trent. Non-marathonner slipping out the back, trying not to be noticed...

Roads were made for journeys...

Hey, I think this is a great idea! Thanks, PerfesserR! I'm #685, the only registered maniac in Alaska! Just did the Christmas Marathon in Olympia, next up is Carlsbad in CA to give me 6 in 6 months (yeah, silver level, finally!)
                      #355 here. I was at the Christmas Marathon too!

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool, 10 Maniacs so far Cool

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

pfriese

#747 reporting in. Paul

Maniac 505

505 here. Hi Erica, Hi Trent. of the 12 marathons I did last year, the flying monkey may have been my favorite. Dave

Maniac 505

Since there are quite a few Maniacs in RA now I thought it might be good to form a group. It's not intended to replace the official Maniac Board. The first question is: Should this forum be private for Maniac members, or public restricted where nonmembers can read but not post, or public? I'm leaning toward unless you're a member. For now it's public. What do you think? Maniac 191
                              It really doesn't matter to me, but we already have our private forum on the maniac web site. how many private forums do we need? Food for thought, Dave (#505)