Marathon Maniacs

srlopez (Read 590 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The general consensus IRL is that bliss is a troll. And s/he changed gender in his/her profile sometime in the past day or so. BTW, I am rather enjoying your contributions to RA! So, when do you run? Wink
    xor

Yes, I was (and maybe am) convinced it is a troll too. But I was bored last night and willing to give it the benefit of the doubt while I practiced some writing. Believe me, explaining popular culture and surreal humor concepts is not something I will spend a lot of time doing in general. Possibly, it is not a troll... merely a very lost ESL type. I wasn't aware of the gender change, but I am less likely to believe the ESL theory because usually a person in this situation is more than happy to offer up where she/he is from and what language she/he uses most. This persona doesn't do that. Among other things.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trolls are fun to play with if you are not too invested.
        xor

Trolls are fun to play with if you are not too invested.
          Depending on the troll, feeding the troll may have yucky side effects on innocent bystanders.

xor

So it was a game. Involving several people? I think that kind of sucks.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I do not know if that one was a game, but we have had other trolls around who get played with as much as they play with us.
              xor

Yeah, I've seen that. And it *can* be fun, but it can also have some really bad side effects (ask coolrunners about poking a guy named Brutal or the whole RobinTara saga). BUT, I was trying to process what the "T" persona was posting and it looked like she/he was saying that it was a game that involved two other people... Jeff and JK. Then they posted as if they were playing along, perhaps to extend the joke with (or against) the troll. But really? It's too hard to follow. I don't know what that was. If it was/is an ongoing joke amongst the senior posters here, then it just helps build a 'too cool for school' attitude that gets trying. Then again, if it wasn't an ongoing joke then it was just plain weird. Weird things happen.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I know JK and Jeff IRL. I think they were both totally befuddled in this case. If trolling is a game, JK and Jeff lost and then tried to hold up their defenses. But they remain totally confused by what happened. In this case, anyhow.