Marathon Maniacs

2008 plans (Read 617 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

After the M&B article, you'd better register early and often...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

usandtoto-2@msn.com

HI Dave, Amy, Dove, Erika... So far my plans for 2008 include Mercedes Marathon (2/10), Pensacola Marathon (2/17) and Vermont City Marahton (5/25). I would love to run a few "local" races as will during the first part of the year. Mike

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Ric H

This thing needs reviving so, my 2007 had 5 marathons, a big jump for me and getting in the MM's. And this year 2 so far and I'm signed up for 5 more thons. So its 7 or 8 for me. And my first double. My tenth state, so I qualify for the 50's. So far I have increased my base by a modest 5 miles weekly, and have added regular spin classes. All very modest stuff compared to most MM achievements but for me its improvement. Now lets here from more of you out there on your '08 goals.

2011 Redding (CA)

In just my second year back after such a long layoff from marathoning (12 years), my goals were rather tame compared to folks in this group: (1) run a sub 5:45; (2) complete 10 marathons; (3) train to run back-to-back and double marathons; and (4) qualify for Marathon Maniacs 4 (spinning) Stars. Oh yes, stay healthy and fun along the way. So far so good! Cool

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)

I'm just a "little" maniac. With young children I can't travel all that much. Anyhow somehow instead of focusing on speed and doing 5k's and 10k's I signed up for 2 ultra's (one down one in a week from today) I've also got several marathons (including the Monkey) on schedule. Pretty ambitious for me considering I just started running 3 years ago.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Roses Revenge

Three down for the year and qualified to be a maniac. When I originally looked at the website I was pretty sure that was never going to happen. Currently registered for one more this year and until we get the vacation schedule tied down for fall, I can't commit to more than that. I'm looking at 2 or 3 more depending on how that works out. I've decided that I really like the little ones, because there often aren't any other people in my age group. That's one way to get first in AG.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

xor

My goals are over here. I've already hit a couple of them and missed at least one. That's ok.

jpnairn

straw man

I'm not doing very well on my objectives. I've run 4 marathons, officially, plus one unofficially, all of them slow. I don't have another marathon on the schedule until 10/5, and I'll be running with my brother, so that will be slow, too. At that point, if I don't run anything else, I will have 45 lifetime marathons, 47 lifetime combined total of marathons and ultras. Since I'm turning 50 next March, I should be able to time it so my 50th marathon is close to my 50th birthday. It's all good.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

2011 Redding (CA)

Quoting from the Criteria page ... the Founding Fathers said "To be a Maniac, Marathon times are not an issue, just that you finish your races. Also that you are having fun! After all, isn't that why we do this?" That pretty well says it all. Have a little fun ... and stay healthy. Life is good! Cool

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)