Marathon Maniacs

Out Running (Read 454 times)

Roses Revenge

Thanks for the book recs. I've had both of them out from the library and found useful info in each. I normally train with Portland Fit from April through the summer, but deviate from their plan as it suits my personal interests. My goal for this summer is to get faster. With my first marathon I had killer blisters on the bottoms of my heel and couldn't even put any weight on it for a week. The second and third were okay and I was out moving within a few days of the finish. Looking at the three this spring that qualified me as a maniac - they seemed pretty easy. Probably because I just looked at each one as a just a long training run/walk for the next one. I'm convinced that once you get in shape to do these that it's much easier to keep going than to take it easy and then try to get back in shape. Dare I say that the reason I want to get faster is to BQ in 2009? I'm a long way from that. If I can't do it, I will probably look at doing a 50 mile ultra in 2009. I have a 50th high school reunion coming up in 2010 and I want the bragging rights since I was always the last one chosen for any team when I was in school. This last two years since I decided I wanted to walk the Portland Marathon the first time have been a challenge and a wonder. Who would have ever thought that I would turn into an athlete!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Ric H

Rose, It happens that way for a lot of us. I was never good at sports in school either. And regardless of what you do before that reunion, you already have big bragging rights as a marathoner. How many of them do you think are also? Chances are none. And you will look and be in better shape than any of them. Rose the hottie! All the guys will be envious. Congratulations on that.

2011 Redding (CA)

" ... I was always the last one chosen for any team when I was in school ..." Rose, you were'nt the last one chosen by the Marathon Maniacs. Congratulations on your progress so far, and your BQ goal for 2009 is admirable. Ric is correct ... you're already a winner. Rock on ... Yes

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)