Marathon Maniacs

REUNION! (Read 453 times)

Sayhey! So I posted at the Maniac Site proposing a reunion at Harpeth Hills and the Northwest Contingent is weighing in saying it should be out there.....c'mon folks, we need to pull some weight! Go there, find my post, and vote for the Monkeys! (I so gotta meet that King Monkey......) grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow. Cool! You ARE THE BEST! Big grin

Imminent Catastrophe

Just posted another message for a reunion "in the SE"--didn't want to be too obvious. Even if they don't choose the Monkey as an official reunion race we could still put the word out and would get a pretty good turnout, I expect. M191

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dove

The Dovenator

I like the idea of the Flying Monkey but I am concerned about the 200 runner limit. We had a great turn out in Yakima (over 100 MM) and the Maniacs have grown so much in the last 6 months that we may have many more coming to the reunion this year. Will there be room for everyone that wants to attend this race? -Dove

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Something tells me that the Monkey's RD will be accommodating, provided the Maniacs register early (i.e., don't wait until November 22). Registration opens August 1. Cool

Maniac 505

This is Great. As a non local monkey alumni, My concern was the same as Dove's, this is a great little local race, I loved doing it, but I was concerned that if a 150 maniacs descended form all parts of the globe, the local community would miss out, and the race would lose some of it's local charm. unfortunately, I am working the weekend of the monkey this year. We will not be there, but since the Alpha monkey says he can accommodate all the early registering maniacs, I would only suggest that anyone interested register early and often. Dave
              xor

For all five of you who have read this area in the past 8 months... At the very bottom of the maniac calendar, you will notice the entry for Yakima 2009. It is tagged as the reunion marathon. So, y'all come back to Yakima next year. Run the downhill course with three hills: baby bear, mama bear, and papa bear (TM, McLovin). And slanty roads. And very nice views and a nice lazy river.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh Smile We gotta get us an East or Southeast coast reunion sometime Smile
                  xor

Heh Smile We gotta get us an East or Southeast coast reunion sometime Smile
                    I agree. Although... believe it or not, the SE was the location of the very FIRST reunion, in Tampa (2006). Two tables at a spaghetti warehouse-type place. Post race, one big table at a non-hooters burger type place. Oh how things change. Now, somewhere in between the spaghetti and the burgers/beer, there was a wedding. Near the finish line. Two maniacs married each other, the service being presided over by another maniac. On the "top this!" list, this one will be hard to beat.