Marathon Maniacs

Sure is quiet ... (Read 390 times)

2011 Redding (CA)

This blog sure is quiet ... Long live the Maniacs.

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)

Imminent Catastrophe

This blog sure is quiet ...
      Too quiet...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Sorry, I'm working on The Golden Army.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran today. I marathoned this month. That's all I got.
          xor

I have not marathoned since 12/14/08.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is a disturbance in the force...
              xor

I could have run a full on 12/31. I went with the half so I could spend more time with my dog. I could have run a 50k on 1/10. I stuck with the 10 miler. I could have run a 50k on 1/17. I went with the half. That said, on Saturday, I'll either run an 19.2 miler or a 50k. I should go with 19.2. I'm supposed to run Surf City on 2/1. My dad in Texas has an aortic aneurysm, and they are still trying to decide whether to completely open him up or go in through his groin and utilize a stent. I may or may not be at Surf City. Anyway, I'll finish the states in April. I'm also sitting on #197, so I'll get to 200 pretty soon. Frankly, I'm getting kind of bored and I'm not wired properly to go after a 100 miler like many people do. I'm going to try to speed up, do less races, and BQ. But beyond that... I think I'm going to go back to halves. See if I can run a 1:29. Halves are sooo much more fun for me.

Roses Revenge

I'm doing a half on Sunday and hoping to PR. Seems appropriate since it's also my birthday. Nothing else formally planned until YRCM in April. It's the time of year that it's hard for me to get any training in - working two jobs and six days a week for another three months.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Go Pre!

BQ goal race in early May. If (when) I qualify, and it is 'out of the way' I will marathon the hell out this year. Hopefully 8-10 including Trent's stupid events if possible.

2011 Redding (CA)

Since you asked ... I've started a new training strategy for the winter months (the Maffetone Method, or low heart rate training). It's hard to run in deep snow or on lots of ice anyway ... so the reduced running pace is a welcome change. Completed the Redding Marathon (CA) this past Sunday ... along with 4-5 other Maniacs. Beautiful (but hilly) course and lots of sunshine. The blue skies and 70F temperature was a great change of pace. Robert is correct, the half-marathons are much more fun. No more racing until the Napa Valley Marathon (CA) in March and then the Maniacs Northwest re-union in Yakima (WA) in April.

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

xor

I almost signed up for Redding. Glad I didn't, because I couldn't have come. 70 surely does sound nice. Sigh. My buddy Sean won that race!

2011 Redding (CA)

Sean did a great job ... even beat the relay folks. Not an easy course (down hill to start and then up hill at the midpoint) but the volunteers were great. And the Sundial Bridge is a sight to behold.

jpnairn

straw man

Did the Rock 'N' Roll Arizona Marathon last Sunday. Doing Carlsbad this Sunday. Haven't been getting in enough mileage to do them well. For the last few months my run summary graph has been looking like a green lawn with a few red telephone poles sticking up. (I am befuddled by Trent's upside-down text.)

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jpnairn

straw man

˙pǝlppnɟǝq ʇsnɾ ɯɐ ı
                              Oh, I thought you were talking Australian or something.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry