Maine Runnah Group

LL Bean Road Race - Free New Balance 1063 to First 400 Registered Runners (Read 534 times)

I just thought I would throw this out to everyone here. If you want to run this one why not register now and get a free pair of running shoes. I was the first confirmed registered runner and kept refreshing my screen until I think I saw 163 and then they stopped updating that...so I don't know how many they have now. Best of Luck
      how can you tell how many confirmed runners there are?
        how can you tell how many confirmed runners there are?
        The web-site was listing it in Bold Red Letters at first and then after around 163 it stopped showing the number of registered runners. Not sure why, except that it was filling pretty fast, although certainly not as fast as B2B!

Last year, one of the folks in the chief executive suite was all kinds of ticked off when he found out they were giving away free shoes from my website and not through internal communications. Big grin So this year I got to be the one to break the news that they are giving away free shoes again this year (which I did last Friday.) That said, I think I'm going to go back to Bridgeton and run that again this year, since I kinda like that race better and its a little easier for me to get to.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Chief executive suite? Where do you work, Blaine?

Chief executive suite? Where do you work, Blaine?
              Sorry, somebody in the chief executive suite at LL Bean. I don't work for them. The race committee just asked me if I'd help promote the race and let me know the info w/o circulating that info internally first.

Run to Win

Thanks for this! I don't think I'll register just now (I'm still a 1 1/2 hr drive away) but if nothing comes up between now and then I'll try to con DH into a day of driving and shopping. A

Recalculating...

FYI: Shoes were gone by noon, yesterday. As of right now there are about 550 people registered, so another 150 will get a free shirt. Registration went a bit quicker this year than last year. Big grin

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

I have to say that I found this course to be pretty hard. Haven't run it a lot, but with that downhill plunge in the first mile, then spending the rest of the course making up the elevation given up in that first mile -- it is a lot harder than the B2B course.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Blaine saw my son crash and burn last year on it! He did the first mile in just over 5 minutes and then died. I think he finished in 37:45. I don't think I can convince him to try it this year! He's doing B2B, though.

Blaine saw my son crash and burn last year on it! He did the first mile in just over 5 minutes and then died. I think he finished in 37:45. I don't think I can convince him to try it this year! He's doing B2B, though.
                        What was it he called me? Some old guy or something like that, if I remember correctly...

Run to Win

And... The shirts are gone now. Over 700 registered as of this morning.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What was it he called me? Some old guy or something like that, if I remember correctly...
                            Oh, yeah, I forgot about that! LOLOL.
                              NO SHOES, NO SHIRT FOR ME! Sad

an amazing likeness

NO SHOES, NO SHIRT FOR ME! Sad
                                Sounds like "no service" is all you missed Sandra...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.