Maine Runnah Group

Rest in Peace, Chris Douglas (Read 166 times)

Local runner and adventurer Chris Douglas was on his way to the start of a 2500 mile walk from Colorado to Maine this weekend when his car was struck in a head-on collision, killing him at the scene. His girlfriend's car was hit when another vehicle crossed the center line. The driver of the other car is under arrest on various charges including operating under the influence, vehicular manslaughter, and possession of controlled substances. I did not know Chris very well, but he ran with the Trail Monsters, a group that I have been training with for about a year now. He leaves behind many friends and loved ones, and I will let them do a better job of telling their stories about him. Anybody that is participating in the Bradbury Scuffle on June 15th is welcomed to take a trip up Bradbury Mountain to remember Chris by after the race. Chris' Travel Journal Jamie Anderson Ian Parlin News Summaries: Sun Journal Coloradoen Rocky Mountain News

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, that's just heartbreaking. So young! My prayers go out to his girlfriend and family. I hope Amy recovers quickly. Cry
        Dear Blaine, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. I hope his family and friends can grieve and begin the recovery process in a peaceful and healthful way. A

Recalculating...