Maine Runnah Group

America's Most Livable City (Read 225 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Portland, Maine - according to Forbes.com. I can tell all my family and friends in Texas! They think we're crazy to live up here!
      Portland is a great city. I lived there for the vast majority of my life. It has a small town feel with many the amenities of a large city. The major negative with Portland and Maine, in general, is the damn winters. I have lived here all my life and I still complain about the snow and the cold each and every year. But, then again, I complain about the high humidity in the summer. So, I guess, I just never happy with the weather.. Though, I must say, fall is my favorite season.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

John, I actually don't mind the snow/cold as much as the lack of spring. I grew up with long springs with lots of flowers and warm, sunny days. It seems like in Maine, we pretty much go straight from winter to summer. At least now that I've started running I can see some good in these overcast, coolish days! I've started trying to get home to Austin every April, for my sanity.

I love Maine; there's a reason that I moved here as soon as I graduated from college. Big grin The cold and the snow doesn't bother me. I don't let it affect my training in anything other than positive ways.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)