Maine Runnah Group

Interesting Dec or Jan events? (Read 92 times)

an amazing likeness

Just casting about looking for race ideas in southern/central/midcoast during December and January.  I don't really have anything in mind, but my schedule is open until the MW10 in Feb.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Sorry I missed this - this past weekend was a fun event at Thorncrag.  My plans right now are to head down for hte New Year's Day Boston Marathon, and potentially will put on a Fat Ass in January at my house if we have favorable snow conditions. I'll use the course I did a few years ago, which if I recall correctly has a 5 mile loop and an 8 mile loop w/~ 1.5 miles of roads no matter which way you go. Last couple of years there hasn't been enough snow for the snowmobilers to really pack down a good path.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

highonrunning

Interesting, I got one!

Gary allen is running through Portland area tomorrow and Friday (southern Maine more likely) here's a little blurb for you all. I just crewed and ran with him for the past 2 days. Lots of fun. This man is one wicked cool dude and fairly amazing.

The following his from Gary Allen's Website:

I'm running 700+ miles starting on Jan 7th from the summit of Cadillac Mountain on Mount Desert Island, Maine to our US Capital in Washington DC. My plan is to cover 50 miles a day and to make it to Washington in time to attend the presidential inauguration on Jan 21st. All are invited to follow my progress, come run with me and help support my efforts! I'll be raising funds for the Wounded Warrior Project and for the American Cancer Society. Please make a generous donation to these very worthwhile and important organizations.  You can learn more about mehere. Thanks!

Website

Facebook Page

Live Tracking

Oh, I just posted about this in another group today!  I wish I'd known about it sooner!  I would have loved to have run with him for a few miles yesterday (when he passed by my way).  So cool.  I saw some of the pictures posted from his run, are you in any of them? MTA- in case I wasn't clear, I'd meant this as a reply to the post above.

As for any other events- sorry, I got nothin'.  In fact, I was looking for an April/May HM and was pretty disappointed with the fact that there's almost nothing around.  I knew about the Race the Runways on April 6th but that is like the one day of the whole season that I can not do.  It seems that otherwise I'll have to travel out of state or wait until the end of June for the Bands on the Run HM.  Which is a race that I'd like to do for fun, but wasn't really considering as a goal race or anything.

Anyway- did you find anything?

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

I was in a bunch of yesterday's pictures and in the video from the press herald - I ran with Gary from Falmouth to Biddeford. (Well, I stopped in Saco right before crossing into Biddeford.) It was a lot of fun.

Run to Win

I was in a bunch of yesterday's pictures and in the video from the press herald - I ran with Gary from Falmouth to Biddeford. (Well, I stopped in Saco right before crossing into Biddeford.) It was a lot of fun.

Oh, very cool!  I had watched the video and didn't know it was you, so I just went and watched it again-  I see the resemblance with your avatar!  : )  Too bad I couldn't get out to join you, it would have been part of that stretch that I would have liked to have jumped in on.  : )  Did you know Gary before this run, or did you hear about it in the news?

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Gary's a good friend of mine, I get up to MDI to run with him or in his races at least a few times a year.

Run to Win