Maine Runnah Group

January Races (Read 355 times)

I know races are few and far between in the winter months but I am looking to run a short race in January. There is a 5k (still a 5k virgin) in Scarborough and 4 or 5 miler in Old Orchard. Have anyone ran these? Any other local races out there?  Probably an hour drive is the max I am willing to do for a 25-40 minute run.

I am treating the Cape Elizabeth 10 miler race (Feb 7) as a goal race (despite currently being far less fit than last December), so a 5 miler is the most I willing to tackle beforehand.

an amazing likeness

Welcome back Roadshuffler !  Where have you been dude?

I don't have any experience with anything before the Mid Winter 10-miler, the 10 has always been my first of the season for the few years I've done formal races.  I've heard of a Frozen-something 5K in Scarborough, but that's about it. 

I hope to be back from a January knee surgery at least enough to be on crutches and volunteer at the 10-miler, so maybe see you there.

- Andy

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Let me know, if you’re going be there, I’ll make sure to seek you out. Good luck with your knee surgery and hopefully your overall recovery is going well.

As for me, I totally lost focus during the summer. After racing the Four on the Forth in Bridgton, I just stopped. I had no valid excuse. I wasn’t injured. I just stop making running a priority. As the days went by, it became easier and easier to come up with excuses why I was too busy to go for a run.

I made a failed attempt to start running again consistently in September. My second attempt in mid-October has so far been successful. I am now much slower and fatter. But I have been out there, running daily, slowing building mileage and trying the best I can not to worry about the speed.

an amazing likeness

My second attempt in mid-October has so far been successful.

Talk about understatement.....you have a 68 day streak going and well over 2,000 miles for 2009.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

My salty dogs

Derry 16 miler  next weekend. Anyone else punishing themselves with this?

Derry 16 miler  next weekend. Anyone else punishing themselves with this?

Not I...I'm pushing myself with this:

http://www.1MoreMileForSunshine.com

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)