Maine Runnah Group

NYC Marathon (Read 267 times)

My salty dogs

Anyone else in for the ING NYC Marathon?
      I'm in Salty - this will be my fourth NY in a row via qualifying.
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, guys!!  Do Maine proud!

My salty dogs

I'm in Salty - this will be my fourth NY in a row via qualifying.

This will be my first. Hopefully by qualifying the start won't be as bad as it could be.  

How do the corrals work?

I ran it in 2006, when even with the lottery charges it was only about a hundred bucks.  It was a good race (although I wasn't a huge fan of the crowds since where I was running they were very apathetic) but probably not worth the expense for me to go back.

I recommend taking the high road at the start, even if you are supposed to be on the low road under the bridge.  If you do find yourself below the bridge, then stick towards the middle so you can try to avoid getting watered by the people peeing over the edge up above you.

The corrals are color coded, so you just find the color you are supposed to line up at and then they're numbered based on your projected time.  I wound up starting 4 or 5 corrals back from where I was supposed to, but my strategy was to go out really slow so that didn't bother me. (I was pacing a friend through his first marathon.)

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I recommend taking the high road at the start, even if you are supposed to be on the low road under the bridge.  If you do find yourself below the bridge, then stick towards the middle so you can try to avoid getting watered by the people peeing over the edge up above you.

Ewww!!!