Maine Runnah Group

Blaine's Race (Read 165 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

How did it go, Blaine? I'm thinking about you today. I hope the weather is good for you. Give us a full report! Teresa
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Whoo hoo! Great job making Maine look good, Blaine! That's so exciting. You WON! We want to hear all about it. Teresa
        holy crap, he won the whole thing, I just looked at the race results! Blaine, you beat 150 guys in your age group, and 600 other people in general. DANG!!! looks like the guy in 2nd was only 2 seconds behind you.....were you guys sprinting the last half mile or so? intense?
        2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

I haven't written my race report yet; I'll have that put together tonight. I did wear my Maine Run to Win singlet, since I wasn't racing with any friends, wasn't racing for any team, there wasn't anybody there that would need to keep an eye out for me (not that it would have been difficult to spot me, it turns out...) and it is my most comfortable singlet. That, and it has the word "Maine" in big letters with an outline of the state, and Maine rhymes with Blaine so I hear when people cheer for me. Smile I won by a minute and 10 seconds; those guys that were right behind me were on bikes and they shadowed me for a good part of the race.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Finally got the race report done. I'm exhausted, so I'm going to bed. It's 3 hours past my bed time. http://news.runtowin.com/2008/05/06/cox-marathon.html (Give yourself some time to read if you click through - it's almost 6000 words long.)

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Congrats on the big win! wow! I have no idea what to say - except for this gives me more inspiration to keep training A PS great (and very well thought out) report

Recalculating...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the report, Blaine! Great photo of you with your trophy! You'll have to find a big spot to put that thing. Good luck to your wife on her final exams!