Maine Runnah Group

Welcome! (Read 362 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I just noticed the group! Great idea. Eyedocguy, I noticed that you're in Cumberland - I'm in North Yarmouth! I like running on the new sidewalk through Cumberland, although I haven't done it in awhile because of the ice. Shouldn't be long now! The good news is that the postal carrier finally started delivering mail to our private road yesterday. Geez, what a wimp. Just because your car bottoms out on the ridge of ice in the middle of the road! The postmaster in Yarmouth lectured me about the road not being clear. Roll eyes Tons of snow still in our yard. We picked this year to put an addition on our house. It's been hell. Shocked But next year we will have an attached GARAGE and a real mudroom, so the misery is worth it. Did anyone run Friday in the wind? Wow, I could hardly even walk in it! Teresa

Did anyone run Friday in the wind? Wow, I could hardly even walk in it!
      I pass a woman that is always walking in the other direction when I run at lunch time, and she said that she felt like she could flap her arms and lift off... Then I went around a turn, and got pelted in the race with sand and small rocks. Thankfully, I was wearing sunglasses and my lip did not in fact get cut. Beats what I would have had to run in had I gone before sunrise, though. My original thought had been 5 a.m. hill repeats, but since my duck windmill on my shed looked like it was going to throw a wing through my window across the driveway, I decided that that was just asking for a pulled muscle. Once the sun came up, the trees were swaying quite a bit across the road.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'm new here, just found my way in - maybe it was this tough winter we've had this year and I just couldn't find my way! Nice to see a few Mainiacs on the site, hopefully more will find there way. I just looked out my office window and am quite happy to see that the "light snow" we were supposed to get is actually rain already... Smile I'm part of a running group that meets every Saturday in Saco off the Ferry Rd and Sunday in Biddeford at UNE. This has been a very tough year but we actually only had to cancel once. Although we probably should have cancelled a few other times, I remember one storm we ran on Old Orchard Beach which wasn't too bad going with the wind, but on the return jaunt (4+ miles) we had to run against the wind and it was Blizzard like conditions...worse that I've ever run in. We had a great time and figured what the heck after all we are Mainiacs right?! My wife thinks I'm crazy, so does the rest of my family and my friends and my co-workers hmmm maybe they're right. Tongue