Maine Runnah Group

Labor Day Classic 5K Road Race And Walk (Read 268 times)

Hey everyone, I hope you are all recovering well from the Beach to Beacon and having a great summer which has finally arrived! 

I wanted to call your attention to a new road race that we have started and ask that you consider running it and spread the word.  This is being run for a great cause (Footsteps to end Dechenne Muscular Dystrophy) which can be read about on the web site.  One of my close running friends Brian Denger's two sons has this disease and he is a resident of Biddeford.  Some of you may have seen him at the B2B Expo with one of his sons handing out brochures.

Please consider running or even volunteering, hope to see you there.

If you want to put together an article about it for Run to Win, I'll post it for you.

I probably won't be able to make it myself, though; my original plans for going to Rochester, NY probably won't happen given the broken foot and not being able to race that soon, so I'll most likely be up in Bangor that weekend.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

OUCH, sorry about the foot Blaine.  I know that Don Harden was going to talk to you about writing something up.  I'll touch base with him again on that and make sure we don't duplicate the effort.  Thanks for your help.

an amazing likeness

(Substantial) article in today's Maine Sunday Telegram on the race and its creator in case anyone didn't see it in the sports section.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.