Maine Runnah Group

Boston Prep (Read 251 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

Anyone in?  This is def. one of those races where driving there you ask yourself "what was I thinking?".

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

No Talent Drips

I'm in.

Start my "formal" training on Monday.  I dunno, when I drive there I generally think something like "the post marathon beer is going to be fantastic"...12 weeks of abstention will do that.

Dei Gratia

Nah, this year I decided to stay home, but I am planning on a hilly 16 miler that day in the race's honor.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Nemo. I feel the need to inform you as a celebratory post race beer drinker myself that there is no beer at te end of this race. Great spread though, and coming from Maine you could hit about 5 liquor stores on the way back. My motivation will be: the faster I run, the quicker I get back to the house with some cold beers and a good pats game!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

No Talent Drips

Nemo. I feel the need to inform you as a celebratory post race beer drinker myself that there is no beer at te end of this race. Great spread though, and coming from Maine you could hit about 5 liquor stores on the way back. My motivation will be: the faster I run, the quicker I get back to the house with some cold beers and a good pats game!

TMack...whachootalkinbout?

If all goes according to plan, I am done by 1pm...had my massage by 1:30pm (John Hancock bldg), changed and am at crossroads by 2:00pm drinking a beer. 2:15 if i've really trashed my legs.

Dei Gratia

an amazing likeness

TMack...whachootalkinbout?

She's talking about (running) the Boston Prep 16 miler this weekend in Derry NH, rather than the more general prep-for-Boston marathon topic...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Please note: TMacky is Blonde and Polish.  Thanks for the clarification MilkTruck!

No Talent Drips

Please note: TMacky is Blonde and Polish.  Thanks for the clarification MilkTruck!

Irish and drunk here...I think it was I who needed the clarification. Thanks MilkTruck...

I am not in for a race known as Boston Prep.

Dei Gratia

an amazing likeness

Nice run today, Tracey. Dead steady 5-mile splits and a great time. Impressive.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Thanks MT.  Was doing perfectly until that damn mountain climb at mile 11.  All in all a good day.  On the fence about the hyannis 1/2 since half at the hamptons is sold out.  Have you done it before?

an amazing likeness

Personally, I don't know anything about the Hyannis Half beyond what I've read on their web site. But I am signed up for it this year.