Maine Runnah Group

US Women's Olympic Trials (Read 154 times)

PWL

Has been

Some local Mainers did well at the US Olympic Trials: Sheri Piers--16th overall at 2:38:46. Emily Levan--67th overall at 2:45:45 Joan Samuelson--90th overall at 2:49:08 I'm impressed! Anyone I'm missing, Blaine? MTA: Kristin Barry--73rd overall at 2:46:58

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Those were all of the current Mainers. I was especially proud of Sheri (Her and Kristen are teammates of mine) - she ran awesome! In the last lap she caught and passed 5 people. She also made my time goal for Rhode Island very narrow - it was 2:37 to 2:45, unless Sheri or Kristen ran faster than that at the trials. Heheh. There were also two other native Mainers: Penny McDermott - 92nd, 2:49:32 - now resides in Oregon - she was All-American in cross country at USM in 1999 and was raised in Farmington. Chris Lundy - now in CA - raised in Bangor. She didn't finish.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

I was impressed with Sheri too. That's got to be close to a PR for her, isn't it?

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I was impressed with Sheri too. That's got to be close to a PR for her, isn't it?
          She ran 2:45:37 in Philadelphia last year. So that basically destroyed her PR.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)