Maine Runnah Group

back cove (Read 168 times)

Just squeaked in a jog around the back cove during my lunch hours... what a perfect day! I've never made it the whole way around in one shot before, so this was an extra-productive lunch hour for me. Only thing is afterwards I had sea-salt plastered all over my face.
    2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

Tim, you should come out on Wednesday evening for the Back Cove 5k: http://backcove.runtowin.com It's a 19 week free race series on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm. All speeds welcome!

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good job, Tim! Yes, I'm getting used to salt all over my face now! Makes us real runners, I guess. I had a hard time making it around Back Cove - a mental block, I think. I finally did it last week, as part of my 10.5-mile run. Blaine, do many women run in the weekly races?

Well, last week there were over 100 people, and I haven't counted in the results but it seemed as though there were a good number. Since I came in 80th place I saw a lot more women than I did most of last year. Then again, most of last year I was running near the front and didn't see many people other than the random people that weren't in the race. I think with the running programs at MRC getting to be so popular that there's probably going to be a pretty big crowd of women that are new to the series this year. There were a lot of people wearing the Moms on the Run shirts, for example. Not that there was a lack of women last year.

Run to Win

I know I can't make it this week because I have a softball game, but maybe in the future. Can you just show up and join in? Also, are there any people that run at about a 10:30 or 11:00 pace?
            2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

The first time you should come a little early to register (you can speed that up by registering online ahead of time and then just picking up your number) - doesn't cost anything but they need your name etc. If you go to the site I linked above, you'll see the times from last week (the first week this year) and there were a few people in the 10:30 to 11:00ish range - there were also a few people slower than that. That will change from week to week though.

Run to Win

I have made a bunch of updates to the Back Cove website! http://backcove.runtowin.com/ Most of them are in the back end to make Stu's job easier of updating every week. Front end changes include: 2007 results integration with the site (no more ugliness!) (Now I need to forward the old site visitors to the new site automatically...) You can now click on the runner's names to get a race history. Standings are now live and will update as soon as results are uploaded on June 18th.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cool, Blaine! I ran with the MRC group this morning, and John mentioned that a huge crowd showed up last night. 127, I see from your site. That's great. It's hard for me to get out on weekday evenings, because my kids need homework supervision. I'll try to make one after school is out, though. Tim, I'll be towards the end, so you don't have to feel bad!

Run to Win