Maine Runnah Group

New England Runner mention (Read 271 times)

Teresa, take a look at the latest issue of New England Runner, page 48, right-most column, 2nd paragraph. You might recognize the name. Wink

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresa, take a look at the latest issue of New England Runner, page 48, right-most column, 2nd paragraph. You might recognize the name. Wink
      Ack, don't keep me in suspense! Can you tell me? I'm swamped with work and can't get out to buy one today. Work sucks.

Heheh. It's in the high school cross country preview section.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, cool! I guess I'll HAVE to get out now! If not before, I can pick up a copy at the Galloway clinic tomorrow night. Thanks for the tip!

I figured that this was a better spot to put this note, despite us migrating to the jeff galloway thread w/the comments, but I just wanted to mention that New England Runner subscriptions make a great christmas present to somebody like Logan... The magazine has a few useful articles such as nutrition advice and a medical column that will interest him even once he's past the Runner's World phase (which if he isn't already will happen shortly after he gets to college since he is already faster than anything that would be useful to him in that magazine) plus there are a lot of mentions of people and races that he will see in his local community. The first thing that I do when I get my issue every couple months is to flip through and look at all the pictures for people I know. I've even found myself in there a few times (although only once that I know of that the picture was actually of me - the first time was a Beach to Beacon photo where I was behind Emily LeVan right before I passed her.) Just a suggestion. It's a great local magazine.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, that's a great idea. It's hard to think of Christmas presents for the kids, since they already have everything. That will be perfect. You're right - he's soaking up everything he can read pretty quickly.