Maine Runnah Group

Looking for Training Groups (Read 448 times)

I am tired of running alone all the time!  Are there any good running groups in Southern Maine that I could be a part of?

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Jeff our group "Maine Rowdies" meets every Saturday and Sunday for our group runs. 

You must have seen us at some time or another.  We usually meet at Laurel Hill Cemetery on Saturday's at 7 or 7:30 in the mornings and run anywhere from 5-10 miles.  Then on Sundays we usually meet at UNE in Biddeford Pool at the same time and do our long runs of anywhere from 10 miles on up.  Many times some will run shorter or lunger but we can usually find a core group of us that will do our whole long runs together.

We will switch things around at times to change the location or what have you, but we have an e-mail distribution list that we use to try and keep everyone informed as to where we will be meeting in case of any last minute changes etc.

If you have any interest let me know, we would be glad to have you run with us.

Maine Track Club has a lot of groups around Southern Maine that meet pretty regularly.  They also have Tuesday night track workouts in Lewiston. Their biggest weekly run is the Roasters Run on Saturdays.  I think you technically need to be a member of MTC to run but not sure if anybody would actually care or not.

The Trail Monsters meet every Tuesday at Twin Brooks and every Saturday for trail runs.  Saturday runs right now are primarily at Pineland Farms and will then switch to Bradbury Mountain after the Trail Challenge.  We welcome just about anybody, no charge. Trails are fun.

I coach a group on Thursday nights at Maine Running Company in Portland.  Feel free to run a few times with us to see if it's worthwhile for you; if you want to keep coming the coaching fee for the year is relatively cheap.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Jeff our group "Maine Rowdies" meets every Saturday and Sunday for our group runs. 

You must have seen us at some time or another.  We usually meet at Laurel Hill Cemetery on Saturday's at 7 or 7:30 in the mornings and run anywhere from 5-10 miles.  Then on Sundays we usually meet at UNE in Biddeford Pool at the same time and do our long runs of anywhere from 10 miles on up.  Many times some will run shorter or lunger but we can usually find a core group of us that will do our whole long runs together.

We will switch things around at times to change the location or what have you, but we have an e-mail distribution list that we use to try and keep everyone informed as to where we will be meeting in case of any last minute changes etc.

If you have any interest let me know, we would be glad to have you run with us.

Bob,

Your group sounds like it would be a good fit for me.  If I'm awake, I'll check you guys out tomorrow morning.  

We'll be at the cemetery at 7:00, hope to see you there.  Take the second entrance in and we park and gather down by the small stone church.

My salty dogs

I am tired of running alone all the time!  Are there any good running groups in Southern Maine that I could be a part of?

Springvale YMCA 5pm every Tuesday night.   6-13 runners most nights

7-8 miles.  Social run.  8-9 min pace.

Rain, shine, snow, Nor'Easter. The group is always there.

Made up of mostly 40+ runners.

The same group usually plans a long run in the Sanford area on the weekends.

Most members are part of the "Winner's Circle" club.

Most are training for marathons. 6 headed to Boston this year. 10 traveled to Chicago as a group. 

Some are going to Vermont City, Sugarloaf, & NYC this year.

Springvale YMCA 5pm every Tuesday night.   6-13 runners most nights

7-8 miles.  Social run.  8-9 min pace.

Rain, shine, snow, Nor'Easter. The group is always there.

Made up of mostly 40+ runners.

The same group usually plans a long run in the Sanford area on the weekends.

Most members are part of the "Winner's Circle" club.

Most are training for marathons. 6 headed to Boston this year. 10 traveled to Chicago as a group. 

Some are going to Vermont City, Sugarloaf, & NYC this year.

Too bad I work Tuesday nights!  And I don't care about age.  At this point, I'm looking for wisdom!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Too bad I work Tuesday nights!  And I don't care about age.  At this point, I'm looking for wisdom!

LOL, I have a lot of wisdom, but not much speed!  Especially lately.  Life's been crazy, so I haven't been running enough.  At least this week has gone better.