Maine Runnah Group

FAO Blaine -- post on planning (Read 281 times)

an amazing likeness

Blaine, A while ago (maybe a few months, I'm a little hazy on exact time frame) you posted in a thread that was talking about planning annual races and goals. It was a great post about planning, how you pencil in goals and then revisit it every 3 months or so. Something along those lines. I've searched and can't find the post. Any chance you remember it and what forum it was in? I ask because I want to use it in a planning session at work this week -- it was a beautiful description of goal setting, checking progress and since it has nothing to do with work, people will engage around it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I don't remember off hand where it was and don't spot anything here or on my site...which is funny, because I know I've written about that a few times. When do you need it by? If I have a day or so then I could just write up an article or something that you could use.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Gosh no, don't write anything up -- I'll take another pass through and see if I can find the original. Thanks for the offer, but don't invest any of your time, I was just taking a shot that you might remember it.

Have you visited my website? I like to write. Wink It's always nice to have a good subject, and if I can't easily find an article on something I talk about often then it probably means that I need to write a new one that is more easily found. I get questions constantly through twitter or email replies from my newsletter (or find the questions here) and it's nice to be able to just give a couple sentence answer that gives the jist and then point at something I wrote 2 years ago for more info. I'd say that about 75% of the time I can find something in my archives that is relevant. I'm closing in on 1500 articles on my website now - probably 50-60% at a rough estimate that would be worth reading again (as opposed to the 25-30% that are news related and the 25% or so that is not directly related to running.)

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

(I'll write up a newsletter on it in the morning and shoot you a link to a draft copy - newsletters take a few days to get everything put together but I'll get most of the content done for you. )
              Found it: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/5456045b060c49b9ba7f56ecdda5ac2b
              Nice work! That'll save me a good 45-50 minutes tomorrow morning. Smile

Run to Win