Maine Runnah Group

Anyone doing the Patriots Day race? (Read 95 times)

PWL

Has been

It's the first year I'm doing it. Anyone running it or have any experience with it?

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I ran it in 2006. It's not too bad - very similar to the marathon in that you get to go around the boulevard on the road instead of on the path. Running down the middle of Tukey's bridge is cool, but it was pretty windy. I hear last year would have been windier, but I was in Boston at the time. The course is much better than the Veteran's Day race they made it up with, which was basically a modified Portland Trails 10k turned 5 miler. I got to push the button as people came over the line to record their finishing times. I won't be running, but I'll still be in Boston to watch the trials and the marathon, so I won't be around this year. Good luck!

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I've only run this one once before I started running Boston annually. As Blaine said it can get pretty windy up on Tukey's Bridge. I'll be down in Boston watching the trials as well on Sunday and running the marathon on Monday. Good luck on your run and have fun! Big grin