Maine Runnah Group

Mid-Winter 10 Miler (Cape Eliz) (Read 776 times)

L Train

I'm petitioning them to let me run the race on a TM at the local Y.  I'm just waiting for them to send me the elevation profile and the OK.  I'm pretty sure they'll go for it.

an amazing likeness

Not an option, the Y over here closes at the hint of the possibility that it is rumored there may be a dusting of 90 snowflakes per acre....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Home Away From Home

I'm petitioning them to let me run the race on a TM at the local Y.  I'm just waiting for them to send me the elevation profile and the OK.  I'm pretty sure they'll go for it.

What to embarassed to really go out and run where people can see you?  Have to hide the Y do you?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

No Talent Drips

perhaps they could level out some of the hills...you know, snow grade the whole course? Flat as a flat roof.

Dei Gratia

L Train

Flat as a flat roof.

Heh.  In Maine, no less.

Unfortunately, the police department isn't letting us put on the race on Sunday, so it's been moved to the end of the month.

Full details: http://www.midwinterclassic10miler.com/2011-postponed/

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

So, anyone else doing the Hampton Half as the now warm-up act to the classic?

I'm doing the Hampton Half along with a group of my running friends.  Hope to re-qualify for the 2012 NY Marathon.

Same answer, except for the NYC part. A nice flat course and free beer afterward? Hell yeah.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I will choose a beer over a cinnamon bun.  But I guess I would take both if offered.  And no to NY.  I likely won't qualify but evan if I did I'm taking a respite from marathoning. 

Home Away From Home

I'll be there as well unless I stuck in Paris in the airport and the plane doesn't leave for a few days, guess there could be worse places to be stuck but would nice to be home and make the HH and the MWC, looks like I may get a bib transfer for the MWC too.Smile

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Anybody that wants to run, I can't make promises but the people that have posted in the forum thread at my site that I set up have both gotten bib numbers:

http://r2w.us/ag

You've got 1 week left to arrange a transfer if you want to run.

Run to Win

Last day to arrange a transfer if you want to get in.

I've got at least one (possibly two) bibs that I'm aware of for people that are going to do the snowshoe race instead of the 10 miler.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

Hope the plow drivahs in the Cape are wicked good, or else its going to be screw shoe kind of day.

(...and I'm not sure if that means "shoes with screws", or screw it..)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hope the plow drivahs in the Cape are wicked good, or else its going to be screw shoe kind of day.

(...and I'm not sure if that means "shoes with screws", or screw it..)

I recommend the snowshoe race at Bradbury Mountain. Sad No Mid-Winter Classic this year.

http://news.runtowin.com/2011/02/26/the-2011-mid-winter-classic-has-been-cancelled-again.html

Run to Win