Maine Runnah Group

Thanksgiving Race Window (Read 203 times)

Ah, the glorious Thanksgiving race window is upon us...so much to choose from.  What are my fellow Mainers doing?

I might do:                                                 I will do:

Sanford Turkey Trot   11/19                       Portland 4-Miler

Presidential 5K (K'port) or the 5K in

Gorham on 11/26

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

L Train

Sanford Turkey Trot   11/19                        

This would be amusing.  You'd win by like 4 minutes. 

I was going to do the Turkey Trot in Cape Elizabeth on the 20th since it's a Maine State Championship race.

But, my knee has been acting up for the past week. Felt fine last night, but I don't think that spending a few hours in the car and trying to race and potentially hurting it is in my best interest so I'll probably give it a few more days before I start running on it daily again.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

an amazing likeness

Portland 4-Miler for me, assuming I drag my butt out of bed in time. 

Jeff -- if you run this, my goal will be to not get lapped by you before the 3 mile 2 mile mark.  I will probably fail.

mta: If a Diamond J leaves the start at 5:00 miles and a Milktruck leaves the start at 7:20 miles but fading, at what point will the Diamond J lap the Milktruck on a 2 mile course?   Classic math problem.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I'm Betty if you're Al

May do a 6 miler the saturday after in Holyoke, MA.  None for me on turkey day.  Will be in western mass and the closest one is in Fitchburg. Happy Turkey running all!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

This would be amusing.  You'd win by like 4 minutes. 

Good thing he didn't show up last year, eh?

(L Train won last year, btw)

Nothing for me probably until Mill Cities Relay.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Home Away From Home

I am running a 5k on Thanksgiving morning in my home town at the public high school. I didn't go there but know it well since many of my friends did. Running with my brother who I haven't seen in a few years so it should be really fun. Allycia thinks I should run with him and stay together but I am not sure my running ego can do that. I always feel like I have to run my best or at least darn close if not trying to "race" but to slog along with someone just to try to stay together, not sure I can do that. Will face that on race day.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.