Maine Runnah Group

Clam Festival 5 course (Read 70 times)

an amazing likeness

If you're planning on this weekend's Clam Festival 5 Mile in Yarmouth, be aware that the spring high water and river run-off was not kind our Royal River path, and the section of the river walk path used by the race course has some washout on it.

About 1/3 of the width path has been washed out for short sections and it will be single track. You'll want to get to the left side and defend the position...stay left -- especially on the section after the path goes under Rte 1, for the next .3 mile or so. Basically from 3.8 to 4.2.

If we lived in a world without tears...how would scars find skin to etch themselves into

an amazing likeness

During my run last night I had to pause for the Amtrak train heading north to Freeport, no big deal, probably less than a minute.  Then it struck me out the blue -- the Clam Festival 5 Miler crosses these tracks twice during the race, and the southbound train comes through Yarmouth right before 8AM. Race time is....8AM.

If we lived in a world without tears...how would scars find skin to etch themselves into

I didn't know the path had washed out like that!  That's too bad.  I haven't been on it in a couple of months.

an amazing likeness

Teresa -- Don't know if you noticed that was a post from last year (2012)....path is in pretty good shape now, they fixed up the washed out part. Sill a good number of depressions and holes on the lower portion from Bridge St to where it passes under Route 1.

Ha, no, I missed that, Andy!  The last time I was on it, my entire family went for a walk with the two dogs, one of whom is still young and was literally pulling me along, so I didn't notice the trail much.  I'm glad they fixed it at least somewhat!

Blaine Moore (MM#2867)

I had considered running it and thought to bring Lillian for the diaper dash, but discovered they're on different days. Since we've got a pretty busy weekend already shaping up I probably won't be there.

I know that the train has interrupted the race before, but it never did in the years I used to run. I don't think that Amtrak has the same schedule on Saturdays, does it?

Run to Win
              24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)