Maine Runnah Group

Auburn 5k (Read 364 times)

The last 5k in the L/A Triple Crown is this Sunday. Come check out the Bridge Run. This is one of my goal races, so I'm really hoping everything falls into place for me.

The last 5k in the L/A Triple Crown is this Sunday. Come check out the Bridge Run. This is one of my goal races, so I'm really hoping everything falls into place for me.
      I'll be there. It's my first goal race for this training cycle, so I'm hoping to get my sub-16 out of the way so I can skip my second goal race and run a more fun race instead. Smile

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Good luck Blaine! It's one of my favorite courses. Just like the Fit Fest in June, except the small hill at the start of the Fit Fest now comes at about 1.5 miles. I'm aiming for sub 22 myself. I'd like to average sub 7 minute miles.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, you two speedy guys! I hope you make your goal times.
            hey blaine, I was wondering if you have any new running tips newsletters? I haven't gotten one in a while, and thought you might've taken me off the list when I sort of dropped of the face of the running planet a couple months ago. I tried signing up again and my name/email is already registered. Anyway you can activate me on the mailing list again?
            2011 Goal: Run at least twice per week for the entire year

I've got about 3 drafts that I need to get out there and just haven't had a chance to finish, so you are probably just at the end of the list... I'll be sending an email out later today, though, although it won't be a tip. This weekend I should get a few newsletters written up so I have a little bit of a buffer.

Run to Win

Wow, the results for the triple crown aren't very accurate. I'm not sure what they were doing for today's race, but they just made up a few times for some people. For instance, there is a runner that has a listed Bridge Run in the 14Tight lippedx, when the winner was over 15 minutes. I noticed some other friends that made it to the results that were not at the run today. Makes you wonder. I'm thinking that in most cases, these skewed results don't amount to a whole lot other than perhaps a beer glass going to the wrong person. I'm not even sure who to mention it to, since the triple crown website doesn't have any contact info listed. In the end, I won't bother saying anything, but it's too bad for the people that may have been unfairly left out.
                PWL

Has been

The guys doing the timing were doing a pretty half-assed job from what I could see. They were yelling at people to walk across the finish line because the finishing chute was too short and people were starting to back up. The guy actually grabbed one kid who was running across the finish line and said "Slow down--if you wanted that time, you should have run faster during the rest of the race!". For a few minutes in the middle, the line was backing up past the finish so people had to wait in line to cross the finish line. Not real professional job in my opinion. I hope the race organizers didn't pay that company too much for their services.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Not real professional job in my opinion. I hope the race organizers didn't pay that company too much for their services.
                    What company? I think they just borrowed the Maine Track Club's clock and did everything else themselves. That's a pretty bad thing to say to a kid. I must have been on my cool down when all that was happening; I didn't hear anything about it.

Run to Win

Teresadfp

One day at a time

What company? I think they just borrowed the Maine Track Club's clock and did everything else themselves. That's a pretty bad thing to say to a kid. I must have been on my cool down when all that was happening; I didn't hear anything about it.
                      I was at the finish line at the first race and noticed the same thing. The women did not have a CLUE as to what to do. When they tried to get one guy to slow down right AT the line, I told them, "They can't just stop on a dime - they run THROUGH the finish line!" They just gave me a dirty look. They actually had the #1 and #2 guys mixed up for a second before they got it sorted out! I was surprised.

I was at the finish line at the first race and noticed the same thing. The women did not have a CLUE as to what to do. When they tried to get one guy to slow down right AT the line, I told them, "They can't just stop on a dime - they run THROUGH the finish line!" They just gave me a dirty look. They actually had the #1 and #2 guys mixed up for a second before they got it sorted out! I was surprised.
                        Well, Ethan and Stan did finish 1 second apart in that race, and both wanted to win. Big grin

Run to Win

They fixed the results of the triple crown. Someone must have pointed it out. The changes altered some of the age group winners. Wonder if the new winners will get mugs.